Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2003 EAP SVT with 140k miles, showing a couple of codes. P0325 or the Knock Sensor came up so I replaced that. I also had a P0141 but I assumed it was because I have the ORP and was told it didn't have the bung for the rear O2.

I took the exhaust off and found the rear O2 intact, if working properly, wouldn't it show a cat deficiency code instead? I'll eventually try to replace that down the road but for the sake of making sure it's not a wiring or PCM issue, im chasing down ground points and checking voltages.

The connector in question is C86, it can be found near the back of the fuel rail, close to the power steering pump and is a 6 pin connector with only 5 wires. Its responsible for housing the wires for, coincidentally, both the rear O2 sensor and Knock Sensor. Now I can find ground from the battery to wire 91S-RJ15 which is the 02 heater circuit on the PCM, pin 100. More likely a bad O2 sensor than a wire issues, it seems.

Now for wire 9-RJ18, should I be seeing ground to battery from this pin? When I tried earlier, I could only find continuity on the pin for the rear 02 but wasn't getting anything for this wire. Does anyone know if I should be seeing continuity through pin 87 to battery ground?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

After looking over my PCM harness, I noticed im actually missing a wire to pin 87 all together. Where could this wire have gone? If the previous owner had aftermarket parts, where would I look for the missing wire?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts