Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now my boyfriend installed a FSWerks Cool-Flo Race intake and there is still a P0171 code my boyfriend thinks there is a leak somewhere any ideas

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Have him unhook the battery for about 10-15 minutes to clear the computer. Hook it back up and let the computer relearn the intake flow, it seams to be hit or miss on these cars liking the intakes or not. I did not have a problem with mine but some do. I believe the code is showing up as a lean condition (too much air) go figure. Give it a try and let us know. also double and even triple check that everything was installed correctly. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He what checked everything 5 times and he unhooked the battery for about 30 minutes after he installed it will he was putting up the FSWerks decal and plate frame

·
Registered
744 Posts
happened to me when i inatalled my intake... same code.. i had a cheap maf adapter which was the problem.. if he can ask him to use couplings to attach the original maf adapter to the air intake filter.. not sure if it can be done on the newer generations, but i did that and my cars cel of p0171 never lit back on, sometimes the sensor not sitting right causes the idea of it running lean

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
It says in your info that your in Seal Beach, why don't you go down to FSWerks and have them take a look at it for you, there not that far away.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
check a make sure your MAF is seated properly in the intake pipe. It could be leaking through there.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
check a make sure your MAF is seated properly in the intake pipe. It could be leaking through there.
Yep, the MAF has to be seated perfectly in the slot. Double check that and that your coupler clamps are snug.

oh, and make sure the MAF is not in backwards. Sounds dumb but I did it when I did my turbo build. Car ran but threw a code.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sounds like it's lean. Mine did that until I got Tom's tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts