Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 SE Manual Hatch
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we even have a fuel pump driver module in an MK3? In an St it looks like its under the pass seat but i can't find it there in my SE.

Pretty sure my fuel pump in the tank is bad, i have no fuel coming from the pump with the key on, so i'd like to verify by checking the fuel pump driver module is getting 12v. But i'm not sure where it is and google is not helping.

Anyone?

·
Registered
13 SE Manual Hatch
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll update when i find it, getting ready to drop the tank.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Do we even have a fuel pump driver module in an MK3? In an St it looks like its under the pass seat but i can't find it there in my SE.

Pretty sure my fuel pump in the tank is bad, i have no fuel coming from the pump with the key on, so i'd like to verify by checking the fuel pump driver module is getting 12v. But i'm not sure where it is and google is not helping.

Anyone?
Look under the passenger side of the rear seat (under the carpet).

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
13 SE Manual Hatch
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was able to test the fuel pump driver module for 12v. with key on it just came on for a split second. had to try to start to see 12v going to the pump.

Found the fuel pump in the tank to be shot. dropped tank and pulled the pump, won't make a noise with 12v on it.
FSM says remove heat shield but doesn't say anything about getting said heat shield out or away. I found removing the front 2 flange bolts by the cat and lowering the exhuaust enough to get the tank down with the heat shield kinda hanging. Fuel and evap lines came off fairly easy. careful with the output stainless line in front of the tank, i had a bunch of gas come out. lower the tank slowly to disconnect the sensor plug. had to remove the 3 10mm on the pump clamp to get the electrical plug off. Pump clamp came off with tool ok but when it loosened it flew off quick and popped up.

I thought gas would come out of the filler port but there is a flap in it to prevent the gas from coming out while lowering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts