Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered some oznium lights nd got them attatched to my car now I need to know the best way to wire the lights. I tried the fuse box nd couldn't figure it out. Nd I tried the battery but they stayed on when the car was off. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha ya I guess that would help with the question. The oznium flexible strip. 2.4" long. The ones on the website under led flezstrip that start at like 3 bucks

·
Registered
49 Posts
But where do you have them placed? Basically though, If you want control of them yourself, you can wjre them to a toggle switch. You just need a power and ground wire. But you could also tap Into the wires that have your dome lights come on when you open the door, but Its all personal preference.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Wire them to the dome if u want them on when door is open or to an instrument cluster/center console for when you turn on your parking lights:

7 color LED footwells with black light dome lights

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
I have mine wired through a switch/button. All you need is a lead going to the + on the battery and a ground going to the frame.

The dome light is nice but it's harder to have them on without the doors being open or the dome lights on.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Those look just like the ambient lighting Ford added to my car when I ordered my 08!. Mine are Factory installed with 8 colors. The floor boards and cup holders light up with this factory option.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i figure i'd ask in this thread, if i wanted to hack into my map reading light or ambient lights to put a strip or dome light in the back so it turns on when the car turns on, where's the best place to do it at with minimal trimming?

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
i figure i'd ask in this thread, if i wanted to hack into my map reading light or ambient lights to put a strip or dome light in the back so it turns on when the car turns on, where's the best place to do it at with minimal trimming?
best place to mount it? that depends on what lights you get. could get some that mount from the back (single led's) and mount in the c-pillars. or do a thin strip and put at the top of the window. that are a lot of options. I would say decide where you want the light to come from and then decide what product to get and go from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts