Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another week, another CEL :( Replaced rear oxygen sensor a few weeks ago after P0141 code. That cleared the CEL for about a week until I got another CEL. Check codes and if I remember correctly the first check was just for code P0135 (front sensor). I clear the code and check again a few days later, the code is for both P0135 and P0141. This time I checked and the underhood fuse is blown. A few questions:

1. I'm pretty sure I purchased the correct rear sensor - DY1034. It is a bit longer than the one I removed, and checking on amazon, its listed as not compatible, so I wanted to confirm DY1034 is the correct sensor?

2. Could just a bad front sensor be causing the fuse to blow, resulting in both codes now? Is it highly suspicious the front went after just replacing the rear? Front is DY1040, correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You really have to determine if that replacement sensor was correct or not. Off the top of my head, an incorrect sensor could draw too much current during cold starts/warm up. It has a heating element to get up to temp quickly so it can start reading correctly before the exhaust temp is actually up to that level (about 600f IIRC).

I don't know about the specific wiring and whether those two are linked.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shouldn't have been sure about buying the correct sensor - DY1034 (5W6Z9G444BA) doesn't appear to be the correct rear sensor - due to it being slightly longer, it was contacting the half shaft which probably pinched the sensor wires. Once disconnected, I'm now only getting P0141 & p0136 codes (both for rear). If anyone knows the correct rear sensor part #, please let me know (my searches have come up inconclusively).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts