Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, had a quick question. do you guys know how many o2 sensors a focus 2005 have?
thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
My 05 ST has two. If you have a PZEV you probably have a third although I have seen two non PZEV 07's with 3 as well. Every 05 i have seen has two.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, just wanted to know because i just bought a f2 header off of a fellow member and it only has 2 bungs so thats why i wanted to know before i start installing it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Be sure not to cross thread your O2 sensors when you put them in, I did and now I'm stuck with a header I don't really want anymore.

·
Registered
798 Posts
2 for my 07 ST

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
no tighter thread than a cross thread!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys. have couple more questions.
1. does any high temp ceramic coat do on the wrap?
2. do i have to buy new gaskets?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
nope, you don't really need a new gasket since most reuse the original one, as did i. If you get it ceramic coated, theres no need for wrap.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The coating you put on the wrap is a high temp silicon spray. It job is to seal the wrap by keeping moisture out and somewhat gluing the wrap together so it stays. Usually comes in black and silver.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
on the cosworth header i had to use a flat-style gasket for the collector vs the ring-type that was on it factory, i don't know what your header will have

·
Registered
465 Posts
2.3 has 2 O2s/2.0 has 3 O2s

i have a 2.0 Dtec w/ 3 O2s and the F2 header W/ 2 bunges! its not bad i just drive w/ a CEL. i plan on getting the Xcal2 to eliminate my CEL prob.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
my 2.3 has 2.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts