Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just thought I'd show you the car since I've yet to see one in this combination.

Ordered 6/6, built 7/26, delivered 7/29. 4 miles. [8D]

Oxford White SE Hatch
5-speed
Sport
Painted 17's
203A Sync
Moonroof

I'm only up to 20 miles, but first impressions are good. I love the styling. The interior materials are top notch. The car drives and handles fantastic.

Unfortunately not all is well. I admit I'm relatively anal when it comes to build quality, but I'd call it average at best. The biggest issue is the body alignment where it transitions from the roof to the rear spoiler. It starts pretty much flush on the passenger side, but as it comes across to the driver side they gap gets larger and larger. By the end it's a good 1/2" gap. yikes. Dealer will attempt to fix next week. Picture Link

Other random first impressions:

A little tougher to find a comfortable seating position than I expected but the tilt/telescope wheel is awesome.

The rearview mirror seems too high. Maybe it's due to the moon roof, but like the top 1/3 of my mirror shows the sunglass storage bin. I'm only 6'0. hmm...

Speaking of the moonroof, I wish it went farther rearward. I assume they ran out of package space.

Sync sound quality is very impressive. Wife had no trouble hearing me at 40 mph with the windows down and moonroof open.

A little more noise from the manual trans than I expected. At clutch engagement with barely any throttle I get a good amount of rattle. Then if I stop and put it in neutral I can hear the rattle at a faint level. Once it's in gear, nothing. I'll see if anything changes as the miles roll on.

Happy driving! [wiggle]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Awesome color! I will admit -- the new foci are also really sharp looking in white. Those black rims really accent the piano black grill. The only drawback with the white will be keeping it clean

·
Registered
548 Posts
Awesome thanks for the picture! I ordered the same color scheme and wheels except it's a Titanium so it's platinum white. But I've been looking all over to see theses wheels on a white HATCH and you're first to deliver. Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats! Nice looking car. I ordered the exact same car, but in black. Don't know if the black exterior and black wheels will be too much, but love the look of the painted wheels. I should have it in a few weeks. I'll have to see if I have the same issues as you.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Very nice.

I have the same gripe about the sunroof, wish it just went 4 inches further.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice, good luck with it. I am getting a Tri Coat White Titanium with the polished rims in about 3 weeks. I never thought I would buy a white car, but this Hatch looks great in white. I like the way the red tail lights stand out next to the white. I can't wait to see the car at night with lights on, haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
That is a myth. My white focus always looked clean even when it was dirty.

The '12 hatches look awesome in white! Nice car!
Yup, white seems to be the easiest color to keep clean, now my Red on the other hand is almost as bad as Black.

·
Registered
900 Posts
That's the same package im looking at getting minus the moon roof. Car looks great!

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
lol you got that at Tom Holzer Ford

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey all, just thought I'd show you the car since I've yet to see one in this combination.

Ordered 6/6, built 7/26, delivered 7/29. 4 miles. [8D]

Oxford White SE Hatch
5-speed
Sport
Painted 17's
203A Sync
Moonroof

I'm only up to 20 miles, but first impressions are good. I love the styling. The interior materials are top notch. The car drives and handles fantastic.

Unfortunately not all is well. I admit I'm relatively anal when it comes to build quality, but I'd call it average at best. The biggest issue is the body alignment where it transitions from the roof to the rear spoiler. It starts pretty much flush on the passenger side, but as it comes across to the driver side they gap gets larger and larger. By the end it's a good 1/2" gap. yikes. Dealer will attempt to fix next week. Picture Link

Other random first impressions:

A little tougher to find a comfortable seating position than I expected but the tilt/telescope wheel is awesome.

The rearview mirror seems too high. Maybe it's due to the moon roof, but like the top 1/3 of my mirror shows the sunglass storage bin. I'm only 6'0. hmm...

Speaking of the moonroof, I wish it went farther rearward. I assume they ran out of package space.

Sync sound quality is very impressive. Wife had no trouble hearing me at 40 mph with the windows down and moonroof open.

A little more noise from the manual trans than I expected. At clutch engagement with barely any throttle I get a good amount of rattle. Then if I stop and put it in neutral I can hear the rattle at a faint level. Once it's in gear, nothing. I'll see if anything changes as the miles roll on.

Happy driving! [wiggle]
Hi trombo, do you happen to have any more pics? I'm thinking of getting exactly the same car. Any noise from the moonroof?

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Yup, white seems to be the easiest color to keep clean, now my Red on the other hand is almost as bad as Black.
White is indeed a piece of cake to keep clean.

Congratulations on the car!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts