Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, ever since I got my 2012 Focus, I've noticed this. And I'm pretty sure it's not in my head. I feel that Civic drivers have some sort of raging jealousy toward our Focii.

Often times, I'll be driving in the far right lane, or second to right lane, going exactly the speed limit, or just following traffic. My car is still being broken in, so I'm doing nothing but granny shifting and driving conservatively. I'll check my rear view and see a Civic tailgating. Civics will cut directly in front of me without signalling. Civics will take the act of unagressively passing them as an challenge to drag race.

One Civic Si got extremely angry as I changed into his lane, slowly and unagressively, even though he was a good 100 feet behind me. He mashed the gas pedal, went around me, and cut into my lane, nearly hitting me. I had to jerk my wheel right to avoid him. Seriously? He then proceeded to weave around traffic ahead as I just stayed put. Naturally I caught up to him (weavers thinking they get anywhere faster - lol) and got a good look at him - asian guy - probably 5'1", 120 pounds, 30 years old or so. Blatantly avoided making eye contact with me.

Perhaps they've read the reviews and realized that the Focus is the better car in every way aside from rear legroom. Honestly if I could give you guys some advice, stay away from Civic drivers, or just ignore them. It's clear they have something to prove.

I came from a 1999 Mercury Cougar, total beater that I got for $2500 in 2007 or so. Never had this problem before I got my Focus.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
Damn ricers... you will get used to it. Just let them pass, smile while giving them a friendly wave, they will be extremely confused, and continue about their ricing.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I've noticed that Honda/Acura drivers do tend to have a bee in their bonnet when it comes to Focii. I don't get it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd guess it would have to do with the age group that generally drives them ... I used to run into that all the time in my '96 Eclipse GST with various younger drivers. Some reason no one messes with me anymore since I went back to driving Mustangs.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Yeah, as long as ive owned a focus, ive had this issue. even more so now with my 2010 SES

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
You will get used to it.....they are that way to everybody that drives a sport compact, they get even more pissed when they hear my turbo spool and all they see is my tail lights..

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I wonder if the numer of Civic drivers that are agressive is actually higher than the number of aggressive drivers in general, or if it is just that so damn many of those ricecars were sold that you just notice it more frequently. I mean, it can't just be that the sound of a fart can on a Honda makes the drivers go slowly insane, can it?

·
Registered
296 Posts
This Civic driver is extremely jealous of you and your Focus, but only because you're out there enjoying yours and I'm still waiting for mine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
They do the same thing to my girlfriend when she is driving around in here 2003 Lancer that is not a turbo. Haven't had it happen to me in my focus yet though. There seems to be a very steep decline in ricers where I live.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I wonder if Ricers know that they are Ricers.

Like, the kid driving around in a 1996 Honda Prelude with a primer body kit, Lambo doors, and neons...

Do you think he realizes he looks like a tool?

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's rediculous. I wad on my way to work and same thing I look in my rear view to find a Civic Si going in and out of traffic. I saw his goal was to get in front of me I'm going over the speed limit a little. Being in the left lane, and I busted his bubble and let the 8 cylinders roar lol.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Makes me wish there really was a 'deploy oil slick' button in the focus.[gunfire]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Makes me wish there really was a 'deploy oil slick' button in the focus.[gunfire]
You don't have one?? Maybe it just wasn't activated at the factory, I would definately take it to the dealer.[:eek:)]

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
That's because You ordered the 303A package. The 419A package(run n gun) comes with spiked tires, oil slick, directed EMP, forward and rear launching missile array and minigun. That'll teach You to ask about the "special" menu next time, huh?[rofl]

I have a whining sound coming from under My hood that sounds very much like a S/C(more likely a ground problem than anything), so Civics don't mess with Me. I did have some tool in a Dodge 3500 pick em up truck with more bed wieght than I have curb weight try to stage on Me the other day. I just looked waaaay up at the driver with that "what kind of idiot do You take Me for?" look and went on My merry way. People can try to race Me, but it is an extreme rarity for Me to take the bait, nowadays. Must be getting soft in My old age, lol.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
You don't have one?? Maybe it just wasn't activated at the factory, I would definately take it to the dealer.[:eek:)]
i picked the grenade launcher instead. It replaces the oil slick.

but, seriously, i wish i had something sometimes. stuck behind an awful, slow, driver who is constantly on the brakes, is worse then being riced at.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts