Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys...im new here!! =) anyways, this afternoon i entered an on-ramp, floored it in 3rd, upshifted @ 7K rpm and a couple mins later i look at my guages and they're all spiked to the red?! [???:)] so pull into a gas station, pop the hood and luckily theres no smoke but theres a tiny bit of fluid dripping somewhere making a small puddle the size of a quarter but eventually stopped. kept the hood open and let the car sit for an hour to cool down. started t back up and then everything was alright (guages back to normal) and i made it home w/o any problems [???:)] what just happened there?! btw i drive an bone stock 03 with 21k miles.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had an overheating isssue this past winter. Driving the car was fine but when i stopped for any amount of time or drove hard it would over heat. I would either pull over and let it cool down or drive and watch the gauge return to normal. Fix number 1, wiring to fan or fans shorted out and had to be fixed. Problem re-occured. Fix number 2, fan connected to said shorted wiring now toasted. Fan replaced. No further problems. This could be your case also. Pop the hood and make sure nothing is hitting the heatshield, it still does get very hot and with the close quaters under the hood some wiring or heat might be the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx...i'll check that out.
what about the leak? the fluid dripping came somewhere from the left side of the motor. i tasted it and it wasn't sweet so im assuming its h2o. went under the car to take a look but couldn't see anything. is it possible that its just condensation from the AC?!

·
Banned
503 Posts
who tastes fluids coming from their car? dont u go by smell and color? lol

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
could be a slow leak in the coolant tank. happened to my pop's 05 zx4.
he was crusing and all of a sudden the temp gauge pegs itself. took
it to the dealer under warrenty and they said that the coolant tank had
a small crack in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts