Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford focus 2000 , single cam, replace water deposit, new cap, replace thermostat, service to radiator , and the engine just get over heat when is running in low speed with ac on. , you can stay three hours parking with ac at 120 f , no problems , just running.
The only part remain pending to replace its the water pump, but its the problems was the water pump at any time getting over heat engine, i think. , what next to solve the problem..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just forgot , intall new fans with heavy dury relays, work perfect, that head cylinder maybe have a problem , i repair a year ago, the summer temp 105 to 125 f, these cars never work well here .

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
A crack in the head gasket can cause over heating. When you first start up the car, does your coolant bubble?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, when you drive with out ac , the cars look in good shape, do you know how to test the ac or how to probe that force the engine, the pressure on ac compressor show 32 psi working, its not over charge.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
It only overheats when you have the A/C on?

Have you checked your fan relay?

The high speed fan is linked to the A/C through that relay.

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Yes, the fan should come on with the AC. If not, then the fan's aren't working correctly. Secondly, check the overflow cap to see if it's tight and sealing. A loose overflow cap will make an engine overheat eventually regardless of whether the fan works or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts