Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have bought a 2006 Focus that came with an Overhead console. Sunglass part in the middle that works great. However the back compartment is empty. I understand it is for a garage opener, however I don't have a garage...

Is there any additional things that can be installed in this back compartment, or am I out of luck? The reason I ask is that the "Lid" of the compartment has all sorts of plastic things sticking out of it which make me think that something was attached to it at some point. However, all there is now is an empty compartment with the simple lid part...

Comments?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
thats where i keep my registration and my insurance card so i can pop it out easy, and it doesnt get lost... i know that doesnt help you specifically, but its an idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, that would work too... but there is no way to keep it inside, ie, it is just the bare cavity inside. no where to store the info without it falling out everytime the compartment was opened...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
well those holes or what ever looking things on the backside of the lid is to attach these lego looking things to it to press a garage opener if you were to put on up there...that way you can press the button on the garage opener with out actually opened the lid to the compartment...

lol...woow reading what i just wrote sounds confusing haha sorry well i tried! :)

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
you could find a headliner that doesnt have that console and swap it like i did, i went to just a dome light because i never used my upper console... but i also re-covered it in black that was part of the reason for the switch too... good luck

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Heh.....I've wondered the same thing also. I now keep a pair of gloves up there. That whole setup looks rather fragile to me. Right after I bought my 06, the hinge on that little door broke.....fortunately the car still was under warranty.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
my back compartment is busted, but my front one is alright. Ive got an idea for a project for that area, but I cant let it out until I can be sure weather it will work or not.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
there is quite a bit of room under the headliner under that console just so you guys know... id say 2-3 inches between the console and the roof... when i took my headliner out i was shocked. there is a big black bracket that holds that in. i wish i was at my parents id take some pics for you, there is some room beyond the console if you wanted gauges but who knows...

im still partial to getting rid of it all together

1 - 11 of 11 Posts