Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my car the other night and parked it and let it idle. After about 10min. I noticed the water temp gauge started rising so I shut the car off for a couple mins. and started it back up and drove about 20min to my friends house without really having to stop so the temp stayed normal. I didnt notice the fan running when it was at idle. Anyone know if there is a common issue with these cars, my 01 zx3 had the same issue before I sold it(replaced thermostat and that didnt fix the problem). Any help is welcome

thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
its either, thermostat, thermo housing if theres a leak, could be a bad radiator if theres lots of rust. But if its a fan issue its probably a bad fan resistor. I had overheating issues when i first got my zx3 a few months back and my fans were not turning on and it was the resistor, although it was also a cracked thermo housing and a bad thermostat as well heres a link to what the resistor looks like, and in case u wanna buy it. :)
http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordradiatorfanresistorfor00-04zetecsvtfocusmanual.aspx

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
You can check to see if your resistor is bad by turning on your A/C full blast. If both the fans kick on, your issue is elsewhere.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
checked for coolant leaks and checked the fans. No problems so I'm thinking maybe the thermostat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same problem. My fans dont turn on w/o the ac. I replaced the fans thermo housing and 1 of the fan replays. I could not get the other one on any auto part next to me.

Dr3K0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts