Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Ford Focus. The alternator was replaced 3 times. The 1st time the battery light was always on, 2nd time the gauges jumped all over and engine would not slow down below 2000rpm, and the 3rd time it work for about 3 months. I drove around the U.S. about 7000miles then the Radio makes cracking noises, and gauges peg out and then goes to zero, and the computer resets. the headlights get so bright it burns out the bubbles, and it cooks the battery 17Volts. I dont mean to repeat things over and over. But I was wondering if i could save it. Could it be the wires pigtails Red-Blue-Grey? Does anyone know where the ground cables are? It just suck if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. Thank you for your time reading this

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a 2001 Ford Focus. The alternator was replaced 3 times. The 1st time the battery light was always on, 2nd time the gauges jumped all over and engine would not slow down below 2000rpm, and the 3rd time it work for about 3 months. I drove around the U.S. about 7000miles then the Radio makes cracking noises, and gauges peg out and then goes to zero, and the computer resets. the headlights get so bright it burns out the bubbles, and it cooks the battery 17Volts. I dont mean to repeat things over and over. But I was wondering if i could save it. Could it be the wires pigtails Red-Blue-Grey? Does anyone know where the ground cables are? It just suck if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. Thank you for your time reading this
I just had the same thing happen to my car about a month or so ago.
Check all of the wires from the grounds to the power wires for corrosion. Check the battery terminals for corrosion.
I had a shop trying to charge me 500.00 as they stated it was the GEM module and something else.
It had nothing to do with those components.

I did not do the work myself as I had my handy man mechanic do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts