Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idk if im in right form here if not moving or bumping will be fine.. But anyway im running a 03 svt and im getting beat by cavaliers eco tecs.. I want to beat them bad.. We are not allowed super charge or turbos.. I do have car tuned and there is a bigger tb on car.. We are sopost to be stock class but no one is. So im wounder what i can do to make more power out of motor. Like i said car is tuned and bigger tb on it. But were else can i gain with these cars?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is orp... Im new to all this focus stuff here lol.. Trying to learn what what and how to make these things go fast

·
Multi-Focusing
3,867 Posts
ORP is Off Road Pipe or no cat.

Well to start with I bet those guys beating you have their cars setup for oval track racing.

Before you make tons of hp you should get the weight down, car balanced, and set up the suspension, gear it correctly, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car is setup for oval.. I beat them threw turns. There pulling a car lenghth down straights. I have camber set stagger and racing springs set under car. Im getting out motored down straights.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,867 Posts
Could be a gear thing then. What top speed down starights?

It's how you use the HP.

What size is track? Banking? Those things make a difference.

You have stagger?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya i have 1 1/2 stagger in both front and back toe out 1/4 front and rear camber in all 4 wheels.. Car runs great threw turns.. Im race a 3/8 mile 8° in turns and 4° on straights.. Im cranking about 7200 rmps at end of straights. And coming out of turn about 6600 out of turn.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,867 Posts
I couldn't tell without watching a video, but if I'm not mistaken the SVT engine pulls best between 5K and 7K.

In your case with a turbo I don't know what's best.

I'd exit 2 and 4 at 4,500 and mash it lol, but like I said I've never seen you run so very hard to help out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea i agree.. The smaller tire i tried the slower i went.. So we went back to bigger tires and i gained my three tenths back.. So what you saying the svt motor is better with low to mid rpms.. So maybe im trying to crank to much rpms out of car

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im runing second gear with 215/60/15 on left front and a 195/65/15 on right front... And runing a 3/8 mile track.. Odk how to figure gearing out with math to see what tire im post to be runing

·
Multi-Focusing
3,867 Posts
Ya once you get to 6K....7K doesn't gain much.

If you've tuned the low end bog out of it you should be smoother. There's a tune guy on here named 1turbofocus that's tuned these motors since 2003. He is the guy you should talk to in regards to the turbo stuff.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya i have two tunes on a sct scanner i have.. One is barth tune and another one is focus.. Barth is a more low end runing tune the other one is more high end.. Wish i new how to do math on tranny gear finel and track size to get tires right

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Im runing second gear with 215/60/15 on left front and a 195/65/15 on right front... And runing a 3/8 mile track.. Odk how to figure gearing out with math to see what tire im post to be runing
For diameter that's one size larger than stock on the right and two sizes larger on the left - sounds like an odd combo for left turns, with a smaller width on the right as well.

·
Registered
15,572 Posts
You need no tire calculations to know you're already running out of rpm there. BIGGER tire needed. At 6600 rpm out of turn you are already out of useful rpm, you got nothing left for the straight. Need that lower so you have some pullout on the straights. You're overgeared. Most here use third gear. Not biting that well either, your low and high difference is only 600 rpm and that's too close, spinning too much. How they are pulling you on the straight in another way.

Look around the net-you can find those gear/tire calculation methods all over the place.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay thabks guys i really appreciate this info.. I just no cavys try and get to rev box for there gearimg.. That cause there motors are hi rev motors.. And tire combo worked i was kinda ify about it but it made it go threw turn amazing.. Not just got to get bigger tires to run second or try 3rd gear...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts