Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
When the doors are unlocked, the interior handle works as it should on passenger side. The exterior handle when pulled all the way fails to open the door. The only way to open door from outside is to pull on the handle very swiftly and hard to get it to open and than that might not even do it. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
When my driver's side handle got 'floppy" and didn't engage to the very end of it's travel - barely opening the door - WD40 liberally applied to the mechanism inside the door fixed it for me, and it's been OK for 4 yrs. since.

Spraying from the outside & thru holes didn't help, it took pulling the door panel for access.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I didn't think so, peeling just enough of the vapor barrier behind it so you can stick it back in position is where you need to be more careful & take your time to avoid tearing it.

·
Registered
17,433 Posts
Even if you tear it easy enough using like 3M weatherstrip to glue pieces together well enough it works. I've done mine several times, sometimes I have not the patience to remove it correctly using like a razor knife to cut it bit by bit.

Tab on door handle may be partially broken to fault opening it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts