Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my ST3 for two days. In that time I have been waxing it, and have become annoyed at the courtesy lighting, which stays on way too long if all I did was open a door..
When the car has the headlights in auto mode, the situation is much worse, with MORE lights staying on. (including the LED headlight brow, the taillights and rear license plate lights, which stayed on for three seemingly eternal minutes every time I opened the door) I turned off the auto headlights and those items stopped coming on.
But the puddle lamp, and a few bits I want to turn off. Either turn them off, or cut the time to say 10 seconds would be fine.

Mainy because I have indoor parking. And have zero need for them at all (IE the car is almost never actually in the dark. (though the garage lighting is dim enough that the auto headlights turn on in the area.)

And I looked up what I could in the manual, could not find anything.
And actually once I stop waxing my car in spurts, it will not be a big deal.

Getting every last bit of painted surface waxed, then siliconing the rubber bits, and Rain X the glass.. Should be done in a week or so.

So.. anyone know if there is a way to adjust the feature?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once I turned OFF the automatic headlights (with the headlight switch) the problem vanished. So I kind of forgot about it.
Thanks though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just wait until you start washing the ST in the summer when you have the key-fob in your pocket. Your doors will lock/un-lock all the time when you are spraying water on the car. Anyway, congrats on the new car! What part of Southern WI do you live in? I am in Rockford, IL?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wait until you start washing the ST in the summer when you have the key-fob in your pocket. Your doors will lock/un-lock all the time when you are spraying water on the car. Anyway, congrats on the new car! What part of Southern WI do you live in? I am in Rockford, IL?
I can wash my car indoors.. I park inside a large multi-unit enclosed garage under the building. Temperature was 2F yesterday but when I came back into the garage i rinsed my car off. So yes I know about the car locking and unlocking from water hitting the handles!
I am in Milwaukee area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can wash my car indoors.. I park inside a large multi-unit enclosed garage under the building. Temperature was 2F yesterday but when I came back into the garage i rinsed my car off. So yes I know about the car locking and unlocking from water hitting the handles!
I am in Milwaukee area.
Wow, thats dedication! On Thursday I'll be in Milwaukee at the Admirals, IceHogs game.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With a new car I am pretty dedicated to keeping it clean. I like having the only car which is spotlessly clean on the road in Winter.

Once the car gets about four years old i start to let cleaning slide more...

·
Registered
30 Posts
With a new car I am pretty dedicated to keeping it clean. I like having the only car which is spotlessly clean on the road in Winter.

Once the car gets about four years old i start to let cleaning slide more...
Yesterday when I was getting into Milwaukee, I saw a TS ST heading South on 894 just before I got onto 94, was it you?. It was about 4:30 and the roads were just turning into slop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts