Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive traded in the 03 SVT in on a 13 ST2. I'll miss the SVT but I won't miss the maintenance costs.

Here's my "new" ST. A 2013 which was owned by a by a Ford Exec with only 5974 miles.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Ahh spread it around for all to see haha. That looks good! I like the interior. There has to be a time when the cost gets too much and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Was this the SVT that recently encountered the suicide deer?

Anyways, congrats on the new ride. Coming to FF next year?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Got rid of the svt, for a st. Yea, I get it, not wanting to deal w/ the maintenance costs. I asume you got a great deal w/ a slightly used car vs new. Great move.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
How does the 2 compare? positive's & negative's?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Congratulations on the newly acquired Focus ST2.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
I recently went from a SVT to ST also...but I still have my SVT :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some final photos [:(] from yesterday when I dropped off the stock rims.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I recommend that you become "Mr. Tangerine Man".

(Yikes! Now I'm gonna have that song playing in my head all day...hey mr tangerine man, play a song for me...)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I recommend that you become "Mr. Tangerine Man".

(Yikes! Now I'm gonna have that song playing in my head all day...hey mr tangerine man, play a song for me...)
This^^^^^^^

·
Registered
763 Posts
Great shots!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How does the 2 compare? positive's & negative's?
I've been giving this question some thought and now that I've the car for 48 hours and got my first fill up I think I have some answers.

Design: I've always liked the new design I just have to get used to that second set of doors. [:(]
Color: [twothumbs] but it sure would look good in Comp Orange.
Power: [twothumbs] [clap]
Exhaust sound [thumbd] What exhaust sound? The Borla has been ordered!
Sound composer: [thumbd] That's going to get old. The delete kit will be ordered after the Holiday's.
Transmission: [twothumbs] Very positive gear changes.
Seats: [twothumbs]
Lighting: [thumbd] [thumbd] In a word, they (the headlights) suck! [mad] I guess I had to expect this coming from the HID set up on the SVT. I'm going to try some better bulbs and see where it gets me. The pattern doesn't look too bad but there just isn't much light out there. The foglight are a real joke. At this point I think they are useless. I might be adding some additional lighting.
ICE: [thumbd] & [like] The stereo itself isn't that bad but coming from the custom system I had in the SVT it is a definite step backwards. Now what I really dislike is that damn screen! [rant] I'm hoping to find a way to shut it off when I don't need it.
Nav: [thumbd] What a joke! I went to use it to locate gas stations when I checking for gas low level light. I wanted to fill up ASAP when the light came on. The light comes on and it tells me the nearest station is 1.7 miles in front of me. The problem was I had already passed that exit about 3 miles sooner. What a joke. If I want to navigate I'll stick to my Garmin. [twothumbs]
12v outlets: [thumbd] [thumbd] [V] What the FRELL were the designers thinking off. There is only one outlet and it's at the back of the console. [mad][mad]
No Real Key: [limp] The jury is out on this key fob thingy.
Gauges: [like] I think a voltmeter would be a much useful gauge instead of the turbo boost.
Tires & Wheels: [thumbd] I have never liked Goodyear tires and these are living up to that expectation. The traction sucks in the damp but that was to be expected. Winters are on order and in the Spring I'll get some nice sticky Michelin rubber on 17" wheels. The 18" wheels may look good for a show or in a photo but in the real world I prefer 17" wheels. Once the winters go on these stock rims will go into the garage not to be seen on the car again.
Tire pressure monitors: Really, I don't know how to read a pressure gauge anymore. Damn lawyers!
Climate Control: [thumbd] I think I prefer my old SVT controls. Why is there only 3 selections for where I want the air directed? Bad design!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something that somebody wants to know about if so just ask. I'll revisit this list in 6 months and what has changed.

Reactions: felixthecat

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Thanx Dale for your insite.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
There should be two 12v ports. One on the rear wall of the console and one just behind the cup holder underneath the center console lid.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There should be two 12v ports. One on the rear wall of the console and one just behind the cup holder underneath the center console lid.
Yes they are there but there're aren't any near the dash or close to the windshield. On the SVT I had one on the dash and one in the passenger foot well. Until I can run a new feed I've got my detector plugged into the one under the arm rest. So the cord stretches from there over the shifter and up to the windshield. [facepalm] [thumbd]

·
Registered
13 Posts
nice trade up (depending on who you ask) and great choice I love the Tangerine ST!

Thanks for the comparison between the SVT and the ST as well! Im waiting on the 15's to drop to buy mine but had considered trying to locate an SVT instead and save some cash. I just really really like the ST personally.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts