Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Focus SE sedan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last week on my way home from work I had a non insured driver cross center on me and totaled my 05 ZX3. Luckily I had the proper insurance to cover myself. I looked and looked but couldn't decide what I wanted. I stumbled across a 14 SE with only 63,000 miles for $8500 and decided to stay in the Focus family.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Focus SE sedan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. It was a really good car. It had 185k on it and I was still getting 30 mpg. I thought about trying to find another one but decided on the newer sedan for something a little different. Took me on my 108 mile commute for work for a little under 3 years with no major problems.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
... decided on the newer sedan for something a little different. ...
I love that color on the Mk3 sedan. Only got mine in Sterling Gray Metallic instead of Ingot Silver Metallic because that's all I could find for a new (in 2014) SE sedan with the Sport Package and a manual trans (very scarce in any color).

See:
Reminder: Perform TSB 14-0215 Now!

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

If DCT, see also:
SCT Custom Tuning for the MKIII 5M / DCT

EDIT,
Oh, forgot to say I'm really glad you survived that crash -- could have been really bad. Sad as it is to see that yellow car totalled, better it than you. (I would not expect to survive that in my older car.)

On thing you'll discover driving the silver one is it's next to innvisible to other drivers, especially compared to yellow. Maybe good for avoiding unwanted attention from LEOs, but scary when inattentive drivers act like you're not there (like the one who could not even avoid your yellow car).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts