Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Focus is in the shop and the service adviser said the canister purge valve is being replaced as it's sticking open intermittently. The distance to empty remained and fuel gauge level remained consistent, unlike the NA 2.0L recall symptoms. I did have rough idle conditions and stalling whenever the valve stuck open. Thankfully no loss of power as the engine was able to recover when the revs got too low.

I had codes
  • P0300: Random Misfire Detection
  • P0316: Misfire Detected on Startup (First 1,000 Revolutions)
  • P1450: Unable to Bleed Up Fuel Tank Vacuum
  • P2196: O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Rich - Bank 1, Sensor 1
I thought the O2 sensor was bad and bought a replacement as I didn't recall seeing anybody mention anything when I was reading into the recall for those with the NA 2.0L. RockAuto says Motorcraft DY1328 (F1FZ-9F472-A) is a replacement part, but the cable at the end of the sensor is too short and won't reach the plug on the back of the engine. You'll want to remove the air intake tube that comes out of the air box to reach the plug. There's no indication that the O2 sensor is actually bad from the service adviser, so I'm just going to return it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I replaced mine today. Part #F1FZ-9D289-A.
Took about 35 minutes because i had to find something small enough in my car to pry those second little clips out as i forgot about them.
Never had any codes from it at all, but did stumble on initial takeoff(at the very end of releasing the clutch), had multiple occasions of unable to put gas into fueltank and could hear it pumping after the car was turned off in the back and hiss out of the fuel door when inserting the gas nozzle.
Runs notiably better now and tomorrow i hope to get under it to inspect the tank for caviation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts