Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone every wanted to get a euro antenna, I'm thinking about trying to order a shark fin antenna but its difficult to find one that will actually help boost the am/fm frequency. Anyone know of any have have any thoughts on it?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I would take ours over the first Gen cars, they look like RC car antennas.
I would like to see one of the sharkfin ones, but only if it were free or close to it
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
251 Posts
...its difficult to find one that will actually help boost the am/fm frequency. Anyone know of any have have any thoughts on it?
interestingly when we took delivery on the 2012 the radio would only get 1 local am station. they fixed it by taking down the roof lining and making sure the POWER plug was inserted correctly at the base of the antenna which fixed it ... those shorty antennas have an amplifier.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
my 2005 antenna is freaking long as hell. my 2004 had a nice little short one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would take ours over the first Gen cars, they look like RC car antennas.
I would like to see one of the sharkfin ones, but only if it were free or close to it
Posted via FF Mobile
Yeah true but they still look a little like a RC to me, haha it would cost alot to get and i would have to have it match the paint color.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Why not just eliminate the factory antenna completely and use satellite radio instead?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Its only $50 more or less for a new part from ford!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
yes but if you order the AM/FM version of the antenna it should work fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts