Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome to FF

Made this it's own thread for quicker answers.

System on these uses an "orfice tube" & an accumulator instead of expansion valve & receiver/dryer.

Some recommend the orfice tube whenever apart, others check & clean it - relatively cheap & includes o-ring seal so new might be good.

Accumulator recommended when system discharged for a while, or a LONG vacuuming to get out moisture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was quoted that the system contained an expansion valve and reciever drier. And those parts exist with my local parts stores. I wanted to know if they needed to be replaced because of "contamination" with the system being "opened".

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
This 'stickie" thread might help with understanding the system:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195638

Names & part locations change with different systems, yet the same (more common) names are sometimes used. Receiver/dryer is on the high side, where the accumulator that serves the same function is on the low side here - located in the passenger fender area behind splash shield (low side port location as well).

I haven't seen any info. on this system changing through '11, no reports yet on '12 + system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts