Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know a lot of people liked the ford racing one but it is near impossible to find. then there is jims inake which is supposed to be the best hands down, but i dont have the money for that right now and i'm sure they wont be available when i do, as all of my cash is being put into building my own turbo kit (which might i say is going quite well). so 'ive been doing some plinking and found a brand called jaysracing, which is expensive but more chance of them being around when i have the $$ i've also been looking for a place in the washington area that makes custom intake and exhaust manifolds but i'm sure that will get even more expensive then the other options but at this point it seems many parts for the car is slim to none. does anyone have any information about them? or any other options?

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
There is a current FR intake manifold for sale in the fb page for BST focus parts...

im not sure the price of it.. but that's an option..

i havent met anyone yet to use that jay's manifold.. so i couldnt tell you how it performs or if worth the 750..

other options are the focus central manifold.. ugly as shit.. but works.. i had one for sale a bit ago.. they do pop up once in a while..

you can contact also Karl @ massive speed system. he may have leads to one...

or what most people do..

find a early y2k manifold for your car.. port it and match it to a bigger tb.. and youll have much better performance the over your current stock one..

ive seen the y2k manifolds hold up to over 400 hp.. around 500 i saw one shatter lol

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
You better do some research before you deal with Jay Racing ...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i figured jaysracing could be just like some of the ebay ones. i was originally planning on the 2000 intake but was hoping for something with slightly better performance gains this is a dd. im looking to max it out without having to do a fuel cell, so anything above 400hp is unlikely (even though id want to) so ill look into the y2k one, actually read about them a time or two but haven't seen them, are they better than the 2000? they look like they're plastic so my big concern is i haven't had a hand a porting, but i do have a guy that used to be a machinist before he retired. is karl on here or is he a separate entity?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well after a bunch of research and not getting a response from a few companies that can make a custom one and being unable to find y2k manifolds , does anyone know how to port the 00 intake? planning on running a 65mm tb but may attempt a bigger one.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at the moment just exhaust, intake, and clutch. right now im looking into a tb and intake, ill have the money for your turbo kit in just a few months. later ill get internals and so on for more boost.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya going as far as a fuel cell seems a little farther than im willing to go (at the moment) and that's good to know, i was under the assumption the 2pc intakes were garbage for boost. well in that case how would i go about match porting the intake for a bigger tb? i was kind of hoping i could get some extra flow, eventually i want to go so far as to also match port the head but that'll likely happen when i get forged internals.
at what point would you NEED the y2k intake? just for curiosity sake.

and thanks tundra never made the connection always figured it was some odd brand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts