Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking at various salvage sites and am a little confused. Some say a ranger has a 2.3 dohc that can cross over to a focus while others indicate the Fusion will.

Now I know from browsing here the fusion style will need the vvt "fixed"

So just wondering as my local yards only want about $50 for a head.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The 23 rangers use the 20 head. Have you checked out mazda's? It is a mzr motor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. I was just looking at ebay and car part.com. I'll do more digging. Any casting number i should look for?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
420svt, Nate has a 23 head that he's selling.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
row52.com is a nice site to plan out junkyard trips. not every yard participates but still good

You could grab a vvt head and run the delete that Massive sells

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
420svt, Nate has a 23 head that he's selling.
$300 for an used unknown head, (yeah it's a focus but) nah I'll stick to my local places for $50 ish for the same thing

row52.com is a nice site to plan out junkyard trips. not every yard participates but still good

You could grab a vvt head and run the delete that Massive sells
unfortunately row52 only has one yard listed for my area and they only mostly carry 2000 and down cars. I have good yards near me, just need to know what other cars I can pull one from. (time to search what cars came with vvt)

but thanks guys for the info

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
$300 for an used unknown head, (yeah it's a focus but) nah I'll stick to my local places for $50 ish for the same thing
$50.00 for a 23 head? What kind of condition are those unkown heads in?

unfortunately row52 only has one yard listed for my area and they only mostly carry 2000 and down cars. I have good yards near me, just need to know what other cars I can pull one from. (time to search what cars came with vvt)

but thanks guys for the info
What'd you come up with?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Searched google. Found the turbo ranger forum. A member saw my intro post and pointed me to a thread with tons of info. Pretty crafty people over there. They know more than how to swipe a credit card.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts