Focus Fanatics Forum banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I'm mad and put off by some you all's comments.. I blur license plates out of courtesy for the owner. When I post a picture online, I'm not sure whether it would bother someone or not to have their plate plastered on a website... so as a common practice I try either blurring it out or I make it non existent. On my main picture hosting site the pictures are water marked (and just as an FYI there are plenty of pictures on the web that are not water marked but if you use them without the permission of the owner you still can get sued). I did not do that to these ones I posted because they were meant to shared and be used by the owners. I did not think asking to be credited in the comments of a video meant to be seen by many was a difficult, demanding, or unreasonable request.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm mad and put off by some you all's comments.. I blur license plates out of courtesy for the owner. When I post a picture online, I'm not sure whether it would bother someone or not to have their plate plastered on a website... so as a common practice I try either blurring it out or I make it non existent. On my main picture hosting site the pictures are water marked (and just as an FYI there are plenty of pictures on the web that are not water marked but if you use them without the permission of the owner you still can get sued). I did not do that to these ones I posted because they were meant to shared and be used by the owners. I did not think asking to be credited in the comments of a video meant to be seen by many was a difficult, demanding, or unreasonable request.
I don't think any one meant to be hurtful by the comments they made. I believe they were just wondering why you did it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Look, I am sorry If i offended anyone.. I'm not trying to be a jerk about this.. What I don't understand is the indirect criticism. You have a problem with me, or something I do.. Ask me.. just send me a message or something.. I am a reasonable person and would be more than happy to explain.

Brekk.. I am not trying to be lame..

Ric.. my pictures are free to use.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Look, I am sorry If i offended anyone.. I'm not trying to be a jerk about this.. What I don't understand is the indirect criticism. You have a problem with me, or something I do.. Ask me.. just send me a message or something.. I am a reasonable person and would be more than happy to explain.

Brekk.. I am not trying to be lame..

Ric.. my pictures are free to use.
dude im sorry. the why so lame was the signature on mt tapatalk app. apperantly it doesnt show up as a signature :( i didnt mean to call you lame[:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][?|][?|][?|][?|][?|][?|][?|][?|][?|][?|]

·
Cars&Corgis
4,448 Posts
Brewskis are in order here I think! Lol. Thanks to everyone who posted and took pictures, there are a lot of great ones out there! Its great for someone like me who had to watch a dog and deal with a... Headache... After a long night of... Drinking "juice" :p wasn't in much of a mindset to practice my photog skills.

I did manage to eat a whole loaf of Sourdough bread though from the bakery. 5 stars, if i do say so myself.

·
Registered
146 Posts
On the license plate issue. What exactly are people being protected from by blocking it out? I just searched my plate online and came up with nothing. Not my name, address or even what car I drive. Not trying to be a dick, just would like to know. I'd be more worried about some one following me home than I would looking up my plate online.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
On the license plate issue. What exactly are people being protected from by blocking it out? I just searched my plate online and came up with nothing. Not my name, address or even what car I drive. Not trying to be a dick, just would like to know. I'd be more worried about some one following me home than I would looking up my plate online.
If someone has the ability to actually run the plate, they can see where the car is registered. I don't know why it matters. No one steals a Focus. I don't even know why our cars have door locks aside from stopping homeless people from sleeping in it.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
I got mine stolen two years ago, with that being said. I believe more people see your plate on the road than anyone ever will online.

If one is that worried about someone finding out who are, one you shouldn't have a joined a public forum, two what did you do you don't want people to see, and three why not cover your plate when your driving around all the time.

I think the only person one would need to worry about reading your plate is this guy.

·
#MattinglyBuilt
3,111 Posts
I got mine stolen two years ago, with that being said. I believe more people see your plate on the road than anyone ever will online.

If one is that worried about someone finding out who are, one you shouldn't have a joined a public forum, two what did you do you don't want people to see, and three why not cover your plate when your driving around all the time.

I think the only person one would need to worry about reading your plate is this guy.

I do agree ^most people should worry whom is following you home, and not the people on the internet plate searching.. And on top of that..... Most people arent going to search for a focus to steal.

On the other hand, I have a seafoam green 240sx and for a car like that I "might" blur out the plates... They are beginning to become rare cars, and one of the most stolen cars today.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.