Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
im looking into getting an off road pipe this spring and i want to keep my stock exhaust on so i was wondering how loud will this setup be cause i dont want to be very loud but i do want the gains that come with the ORP. if anyone has any sound clips of this setup it would help me out alot.

thanks ADAM

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
No sound clip here, but I do have the ORP with a Borla cat-back. Your stock exhaust has two mufflers, one works kinda like a resonator. I dont think you should have any problems with it being that loud. It will have more of a tone, but not over-bearing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nobody has a ORP on a stock exhaust[paranoid]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Pretty much everyone on here who has moded put on a new exhaust the two most common mods are intake and exhaust

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'm sorry but most have what Seb said the ORP, with a cat-back exhaust system of their choice. I believe most think why not just do both at the same time. Not that there happens to be anything wrong with the stock exhaust, because there is not. If you want just the ORP, that is fine and would happen to free up your stock exhaust. I see no problem with that at all. I also dont believe you will have a problem with a over excessive tone from it. Do what you would like, just besure to keep us posted on your results. [;)]

In case you have not been welcomed already. Welcome Dr. Adam to FF.com, hope you have enjoyed the site so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts