Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i have the cfm orp and i think its a 2.5 in exhaust but wasnt sure.... looked at the cfm site and it didnt say

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Its 2.5

·
Registered
385 Posts
Do you have it on? Did it change alot for you or no? I was thinking about getting one and wanted to see what other people thought of them.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i love it.... i can feel the power increase.... im gonna get 2.5 in exhaust to match up to it... nd flexpipe... hopefully that helps too..... sounds great too.... it can always sound deeper tho

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Do you have it on? Did it change alot for you or no? I was thinking about getting one and wanted to see what other people thought of them.
It is a great mod... [cheers]

·
Registered
385 Posts
It isnt like annoyingly loud or anything? I want to improve the flow but i dont want it to be really loud like some ricer's car. I was thinking about the High Flow cat?

·
Registered
347 Posts
ive got an ORP installed and it is kind of on the loud side due to no restriction from the cat. if you follow up your ORP with an after market exhaust system, it will sound deeper and better. what i have experienced is, at a lower RPM it is louder and raspy, but once you hit your power band,and your RPM'S increase, it smoothens out to where it sounds deeper and less raspy. i would recommend the ORP but if its less sound your looking for but similar performance, go for the High Flow CAT.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I loved my ORP and on the stock exhaust I think it sounded great. Then like said above if you go with something like a magnaflow aftermarket it sounds even better! Makes the car sound much stronger!

High flow cats.....expensive!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ya... thats what iv been hearing and that cfm doesn't have any in stock. Does that aftermarket exhaust sound that much better? Are there any gains with it, cause i thought that the exhaust that is on the SVT is tuned for it? Is it? Either way if im going to buy something, it will be for gain not for looks or sound right now. Money is tight with the way gas is!

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Ya... thats what iv been hearing and that cfm doesn't have any in stock. Does that aftermarket exhaust sound that much better? Are there any gains with it, cause i thought that the exhaust that is on the SVT is tuned for it? Is it? Either way if im going to buy something, it will be for gain not for looks or sound right now. Money is tight with the way gas is!
Before I went turbo I had the ORP and the stock exhaust. I don't think there is much if any real power to be made I was happy with the stock exhaust and ORP. So if you get the ORP and like the stock sound I would suggest sticking with that.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
I really like the sound of my stock cat-back exhaust with HFC. It's the same sound as stock but a little bit louder (obviously). It makes a great sound IMO. A very nice mellow low pitch sound while cruising on the interstate at normal speeds. I get looks all the time.

Here is a video of what it sounds like. It doesn't sound like he's really getting on it, (where it sounds even better) but it still sounds really good IMO.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/SVT-FOCUS-Running-from-to_3092.htm

·
Registered
385 Posts
That sounds nicee![clap] I really want to get that HFC. I guess I will have to wait until CFM has some in stock though. I looked at this thread earlier how to make your own. The guy has a pretty good idea!

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
That sounds nicee![clap] I really want to get that HFC. I guess I will have to wait until CFM has some in stock though. I looked at this thread earlier how to make your own. The guy has a pretty good idea!
Its a good idea and if you make em and sell em before CFM restocks on theirs you can make a few hundred. i'm looking foward to getting one once they do. and borla 2.5" exhaust kit from trubendz.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well they said they would make them. People just have to supply the parts and obviously some labor. Shit id do it. Im sure it would be cheaper than CFM too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts