Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard long does the ORP install take and can it be done in the home garage. I want to get one of these but PA just started emissions testing during inspections. So i was thinking about changing it once a year just for the sticker. Let me know what u think

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Look for about a hour at the most, just unbolt some bolts, unscrew some O2 sensors, remove, install and rescrew. All done, should be no trouble at all, just make sure your cheater is connected firmly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I looking to buy an ORP. Where did you find yours? And also what price should i be expecting? anybody know.... I found a couple online and they were like $180 if i remember right, the thing is, as i looked around the pictures of the products looked all different. Could be just that the ORP photo was just a general pipe picture. Still though, what brand did you go for?

·
Registered
36 Posts
yep, i think your right sexy. I thought there was one on a site call newedge or something but i guess it comes from focus central anyway. and its like 15 bucks more. You dont have one intalled huh...hmm, thinks its worth the money. By the way Sexy, how much did you get your H&K's for?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
SVTPonz said:
How hard long does the ORP install take and can it be done in the home garage. I want to get one of these but PA just started emissions testing during inspections. So i was thinking about changing it once a year just for the sticker. Let me know what u think
Where are you located in PA? Up here in NEPA, they don't do anything for emissions. If you live south of Allentown, supposedly they test. Not sure about the western part of the state.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
ManlySVTfocus said:
yep, i think your right sexy. I thought there was one on a site call newedge or something but i guess it comes from focus central anyway. and its like 15 bucks more. You dont have one intalled huh...hmm, thinks its worth the money. By the way Sexy, how much did you get your H&K's for?
you mean H&R's? if that's what you mean, i got them a little under 1000, the cheapest i found them was on tirerack.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry I meant H&R's

This guy was telling me today about getting a...i don't know what he said.. like a fake cat that's all hollow inside so they think you have a cat on. I don't know what the advantage to that would be cause i doubt it would pass smog anyway, but if your worried about putting your ORP on cause of the obvious missing converter you might check that out. The SVT won't pass smog without the cat will it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: ORP install

essveetee said:
Where are you located in PA? Up here in NEPA, they don't do anything for emissions. If you live south of Allentown, supposedly they test. Not sure about the western part of the state.

They are starting to do emissions tests in NEPA also as of march 1st. Gunna be a gas cap test and a visual on the cats.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Re: Re: Re: ORP install

SVTPonz said:
They are starting to do emissions tests in NEPA also as of march 1st. Gunna be a gas cap test and a visual on the cats.
Damn, that's news to me[:(]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Took me about an hour even after finding that the upstream o2 sensor wouldnt clear the engine block.had to cap off the orig o2 hole and relocate and weld a new insert.You might want to check to see if yours might need the same mod before install.Also save some agravation beef up the mounting tabs with a beed of weld around the bases and up the walls of the tabs this will save you from future cracking and leaks.
I have heard that FC has updated there tabs to keep from this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts