Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got an orp from a fellow member and was wondering is anyone had any tips or advice for me. ill will be installing it tomorow. another question where does the mil eliminator go? on the back or front sensor? thanks

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Depending on how many miles you have on the car, the bolts can be a bitch to get off. The last one I worked on the bolts decided that they wanted to round off instead of break loose.

And yes we soaked them in PB Blaster for an hour before trying to get them off.

·
Registered
481 Posts
yours rounded off huh? mine just snapped off!! i'd say try the pb, it seems to work pretty well but obviously not in all instantces.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You do need the extension, 12" or two 6". Also after you get the bolts off the front flange you will need to pry the headers and cat pipe apart, there is just enought space to get the bolt studs out (its really tight).

Now if you ever intend to put the cat back on then take a hack saw or dremel and cut the ends of the studs on the cat. I took about ~1/4 inch (make sure they will still be long enought) this should make the reinstallment a piece of cake.

By the way the ORP is really loud at WOT and smelly.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Recomendation : use 6 point sockets, NOT 12 point. 12 point strips the bolts pretty easy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks alot guys. i got it done today and it went well. i used pb and they soaked for aabout 3hrs and spraying the every hr. lol i had to take the flex pipe off. it was a bitch to take the back bolts off. anyways it all went smooth. i sounds ok and the car feels a little better. the butt dyno says it freed up a couple of ponies. not as much as my "friends dont let friends drive hondas" sticker did. i think the butt dyno showed over 25fwhp. lol j/k

·
Registered
415 Posts
mofocus said:
now it needs a Borla [thumb]
Our exaust is the same size unless you get the 2.5 and even then most people dont see gains on it, dont waste ur money unless you want to change the tone of the cars exaust cuz you wont see much if anything in performance, the svt like back pressure to make tq.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I didnt remove the flex to remove my cat, what I did was just jack the car up high enough so I could rotate the cat down enough and with a person behind the sub frame to push it came out as one part.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
1SVTFocus said:
Our exaust is the same size unless you get the 2.5 and even then most people dont see gains on it, dont waste ur money unless you want to change the tone of the cars exaust cuz you wont see much if anything in performance, the svt like back pressure to make tq.
pretty sure all Borlas are 2.5", its the sound that makesit worth it IMO[:D]

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have a resonated 2.5 Borla behind my ORP, adn everyone who hears it at WOT says its a sweet sounding car, not rice at all... just some grunt.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
if i take the resonator out and the lunch box lookin thing will i see any gains or should i leave that there for backpresure.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well I did a search but didnt find much except this for the most part...Well I sucessfully broke one bolt off the cat, and I dont have any money for bolts [?|]...should I just leave it be for now or is it most likely that the others will break as well?

·
Registered
505 Posts
ok lol I got all of them off except the cat to flex pipe bolt on the drivers side...how can I get it off with out an extension, I have a flex socket wrench but it is at a 90 angle when I put it on that bolt....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts