·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops can i use the stock screws sorri bout that

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i would use the stuff they sent you. they did send you stuff, right? odds are, your stock stuff is rusted and partially stripped, right? did you get the ceramic coated one? if not, then, you may want to use some heat maint on the mild steel.

When you take the stock cat off, you will notice that t on the header and flex pipe, there are no bolts. you need aftermarket ones. they should ahve been included with the ORP.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought it off of here used and he didnt send the screw with it what do u suggest

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
UMMMMMM...h/o...i would take the ORP to a hardware store, and match up nuts and bolts. your gonna need 5, right? 5 bolts? ok, get 5 bolts with the nuts, and 2 washers per each, and a lock washer for each. so, heres a part list. i dont know the sizes, but this is it:

5 Bolts
5 Nuts
10 Washers
5 Lock washers

He did send you the O2 cheater and all didnt he?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
all you really need is to be sure the bolts fit thru the holes on the ORP, and are long enough to go thru the ORP Flange and header flange, and then the ORP flange thru the flex flange.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i didnt want the cheater my check engine light is already on 4 some reason ever since i bought it i think something is wrong with the 1 of the chips ill probably buy 1 later but thankz imma write everything down and go 2 home depot or lowes or something im get back 2 u tomorrow so youll know how it went

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o its the polished pipe it look in good condition tho the bottom of my car looks great i dont think anything is rusted under there i was looking when i installed my CAI i guess ill c tomorrow tho

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Alright. be sure to pot the sizes and stuff, some gjys might be interested in it. i have the cheater. hey, if your check engine light it on, take it to advance auto or some autoparts store, and have the run a diagnostic. also, when you take your O2 sensors out, be sure not to touch the sensor part with your fingers. be very careful with them. dont mix them up either. as a matter of fact, run and have your check engine light scanned at an auto parts store before you do this, b/c it might be an O2 sensor that needs replacing, and if so, just go ahead and get the sensor, and install while you put the ORP on. you will enjoy the ORP.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright thankz is it really loud like i dont wanna get pulled over 4 jus cruising b/c i live in southern cali

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
nah, not really l;oud. its more raspy. your gonna notice it, but no big deal. lol, i put mine on my car, my parents didnt notice, and now i have an exhaust, and they still dont notice, even with the ORP!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright when i bought my car at the delearship they put sum chip in it so i couldnt drive it off and when the guy took the chip out he reset something in that black box he said dont worri bout it i remember it wen off like amonth agoa and it just came back on i went and bought all the bolts like u said and imma install it tomorrow but ill go by the dealership b4 i install it but ill prob buy the elimator prob around next month thanks 4 ur help yea it did sound raspy i heard it on the cfm web site i hope when i buy my borla it makes it sound deep

Lee

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
aight. now what time is it in california where you are right now? its 11:43 at night over here, is it during th day over there? i have no concept of time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
it will be a very easy install...well haha i had taken mine off several times so the last time i took it off i think i did it in record time with floor jacks haha i probably got it off and the cat back in in like 45 mins or less make sure you get the o2 socket to unscrew the o2 from the catalytic converter and get some PB blaster!! trust me man i stripped the bolts on my cat bolts the first time i took it off ESPECIALLY careful with the bolts up by the flex pipe they will round very very quick! keep me posted i want to help u get that thing on

·
Registered
128 Posts
i had to get rid of that one because with the JRSC BBK and HKS catback it was WAYYY to loud for me....but as far as having it on a stock svt with stock exhaust its alittle loud...he's rite raspy but b careful in cali cuz i know there dicks shouldnt be bad tho u will love the power!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol yessssssssssssss I want moreee power I'm trying 2 install the pipe asap but I don't wanna do it by myself so I'm waiting 4 my friends help but ill keep u posted.. P.s. I need 2 buy a 02 socket and blaster? Where would I buy that at and what's a blaster lol sorri

1 - 20 of 32 Posts