Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here are the pics I took today at the meet, all taken with my Nikon d40 with NO photoshop touch ups. I had planned on running the sedan today but I was unaware of the PANTS rule at the track. Apparently to run on the track you need to be wearing a pair of pants, I was wearing shorts! I shot almost 300 pics today, and I was able to pick about 70 for you guys to see haha... Here they are in chronological order.

One of the 4 Civics that busted its nuts at the line...

The next Civic up popped at the line too, had to make way for the Saleen, haha...

same pic, closer up...

check out the front plate [whip]

It was great to meet everyone, even though I didn't get to run I still had a funday sunday, lol.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
wow some very very sweet cars out there...

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I am jealous of the cars, but more so of the weather!!!

Its 19 degrees here in Chi and snowing and you guys can wear shorts and go drag racing, looks like a fun time!

·
Banned
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yea the track announcer announced that the black GTR was "the fastest Skyline GTR in the nation", he was running 10's.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
that looks like i blast...
i got more excited for snow when i had a truck having a car kinda kills the whole snow experience a lil...

but any idea what was on the civic seemed like he came around the Saleen awfully quick

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Awsome pics. I really like your blue sedan. Lots of nice cars and foci out there.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
looks like an awesome time! makes me hate the snow here

·
Registered
358 Posts
im diggin the mazda......
is the tire peeling off of that little yellow car?

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
those are some damn good pics, and i really love ur sedan btw. yal looked yal had fun,lol...

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
It's nice to see some clean cars and sun instead of clouds and salt [:(].

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
that bettle was turbo'd! He ended up with a 16.3 at 88.XXX and I got a 16.4 at 85.XX. My reaction time was better by .5 secs and I was first to cross the line but he was gaining ground....slower than I was expecting though. can't blame him, it was hard enough for me to get traction off the line, the more I tried, the slower my 1/4 times got....Fastest was 16.3 which is good for 3/4 tank of gas, tools, spare, jack, and random shit in the back slowin me down.

Awesome pics guys. Wish my camera wasn't broken...

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Yes, it was a good time. I wish I was able to run my car. I still need to figure why the battery light is on. And fix my window. I had some bad luck this weekend.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
im diggin the mazda......
is the tire peeling off of that little yellow car?
no, thats called traction lol... rims are starting to spin and the tires are still glued to the ground, guarantee about a split second after that pic was taken that car was hauling ass down the track....

thats also called GREAT photography along with the fire shots!

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Nice pics you got there Owin. You even got a pic of my car [thumbup]

I still want my 14 sec pass, But I was trapping 92-94mph every run. Next time I plan on having blocks for the rear springs and maybe some radiles

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pics look great man. Most came out better than mine. I was trying the high speed shots but they look alot grainier on the comp than I could tell on the camera or I would have stopped using it. Also, I noticed a couple shots were "washed out" like mine, but the rest of em weren't. Know why? I'm just trying to figure out my own camera and how to fix the white balance (if that's the issue) to get the coloring like yours. To go along with your fire pic, this is the one I got.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts