Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What were the original spark plugs in the 07 2.0? I just swapped my plugs to see if it would help with the lag on the lower end and I had duel ground Bosch plugs in it. I’ve never seen them before, and I cannot find identical ones online. Oh, and the lag is gone, and it’s now a lot more fun to drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
What were the original spark plugs in the 07 2.0? I just swapped my plugs to see if it would help with the lag on the lower end and I had duel ground Bosch plugs in it. I’ve never seen them before, and I cannot find identical ones online. Oh, and the lag is gone, and it’s now a lot more fun to drive.
NGK laser iridium is the OEM plug. Those Bosch plugs that are in there are garbage.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NGK laser iridium is the OEM plug. Those Bosch plugs that are in there are garbage.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
I put the motocraft in because I was being cheap at the parts store, plans for the holiday and all, but I was just wondering if the plugs were ever changed or if the Bosch plugs drove off the lot.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I put the motocraft in because I was being cheap at the parts store, plans for the holiday and all, but I was just wondering if the plugs were ever changed or if the Bosch plugs drove off the lot.
Just about anything is better than those Bosch double plugs.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just about anything is better than those Bosch double plugs.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
I believe it. It was like I had to spool up a turbo causing lag until about 2000 rpms. I changed the plugs and it restored my low end power. Best $15 I’ve ever spent.

·
FF Affiliate
30,365 Posts
The best plug I have found for the 2.0 and 2.3 Duratec is the Autolite AR103 they run good and they added a little performance over the stock Motorcraft plug back to back testing

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts