Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!
Could anybody please clarify for me the situation with the remote start: as far as I understood on US/Can market you are able to buy the original Ford remote start system, isn't it? I'm asking, cause on my local market for 2012 Focus you can purchase only some unoriginal stuff mostly combined with an alarm system. If I'm right, and there is an original remote start, could anyone help me with its spare parts catalogue number? Many thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Could anyone be so kind to help me to find an owners manual and installation manual for this item or similar:

http://accessories.ford.com/bi-directional-with-push-button-start.html

I'll be really thankful, cause I'm trying hard to find out at last whether this remote start will fit European produced Focus. Thanks in advance, folks:)
The instructions do not come in the box.
That information can only be accessed by a Ford technician through Fords data base.
They go online, print out the instructions and then destroy them when the job is done.
That's how it works. Unless you know someone in the industry you are basicaly SOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, real spy games:) I think, I need to refresh my KGB contacts:)
But, beeing serious, I am now begining to understand why none of US dealers could not help me in this. OK, I can realize why installation guide should be confident, but for owners manual I have really no idea. Anyway, thanks for your reply, maybe you could advice me how is it possible to find out compatibility of the item with European Focuses. As far as I know. US and European Focuses are electrically equal. I'm really dreaming of it:) And I know at least ten guys in Russia who do the same:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts