Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have a questions for those who ordered their cars.
Did you guys work out the financing deal(like percentage, down payment, etc) when you were ordering a car or when you came to pick it up?
Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered mine a couple of weeks back. He gave me an out the door price quote, and I paid a $100 "good faith" deposit. We haven't seriously talked financing or anything other than the OTD quote. I did get a rate quote from my bank just to see what it would be. He said he could probably beat it. I guess we'll do that when the car comes in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered mine last Sunday with X Plan pricing, $500.00 deposit. So, I know what it will cost, have a good idea on what they'll give me for my trade, but everything else is to be done when the car arrives at the dealership.

Still haven't decided on lease or purchase, but will be shopping around rates to see who'll give me the best purchase deal.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I ordered mine this week, got a firm price, below invoice, but financing is still in the wind. I'm wondering about the 12 to 14 weeks for delivery.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Personally, I contacted the 4 nearest dealers and asked for quotes via email. 1 said they could not quote on custom builds over email, only what was on the lot. They were out immediately. 2-3-4 did actually quote me on my specs and that is what it came down to, price (difference between 2-3 actually amounted to $6) so I picked the one with the least "pain-in-the-a$$" factor as far as getting there.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Mine was ordered a few weeks back. Since I had an X-plan pin, the price was pre-determined. The dealer knows me well, so anticipating that I'm "good for it", he did not require a downpayment. Financing will be handled via non-Ford credit option, so, for me, that was never discussed.

Cheers!
[cheers]

·
Registered
113 Posts
For those of you who haven't figured out how you were financing yet, this is what I did.

I took the extra $500 rebate for financing with Ford and refinanced with my credit union when I received my first statement in the mail. Ford gave me an APR of 4.9% versus my credit union of 3.49%. It saved me several hundred dollars between the rebate and lower APR.

There were no fees or penalties for early payoff. I did ask if what I did affected the dealer, and sure enough they lose out on the $500 they gave me, but my salesperson said with their volume they don't even care.

Hope everything works out for you!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm wondering about the 12 to 14 weeks for delivery.
My build date is next Thursday, exactly 10 weeks after the order acknowledgement from Ford was received by my dealer. Add another 2-4 weeks for delivery out here to the Pacific Rim, and there's your 12-14 weeks.

Your mileage may vary, of course. I won't pretend to understand how dealer allocations and such work.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies, good to know i'm not the only one who didn't discuss financing. I also got a very good price below the invoice and thought maybe they want to pull some kind of stunt and give me some crazy rate when the car arrives.
Ordered Candy Blue Titanium with nav, parking and winter package!
Can't wait to try out the parking assist :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I negotiated my trade in price and had x-plan , financing you should shop it around, usually no one beats my credit union unless there is 0% offered, I have Navy Federal at 1.9%.

also my credit union does pre-approved loans so pick an amount and they will send you a "blank" check for up to that amount that can be written to any dealer good for 60 days.
I have a check sitting here waiting for my ordered vehicle to show up.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ordered the car. Then shopped around for financing. Waited till the day we picked up the car to set it up.

·
Registered
781 Posts
dealers won't work out financing until you pick up the car. 1. financing options and interest rates might change between now and then. 2. you might not get the car (for a number of reasons) in the end. 3. you start accruing interest as soon as you sign the check. would you want to be paying for a car you don't even have possession of yet (and might not if something bad happens)???

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Ordered my car in january. No money down not even a deposit. Then got 500 off for early order, 500 off for financing part of purchase, 750 off from ford in a coupon tht camr in the mail , dealer gave 1k off. Vry happy

·
Registered
548 Posts
I talked financing before I ordered my car. Why would I order something I'm not sure is affordable?

I'm not making payments until it lands obviously, but I'll know what I'm getting into once I do.

They gave me the option, once the car lands we'll review financing again. If they deal 2 months from now is better than todays rate I can take that. But either way I'm guaranteed the rate from the day I ordered. If you didn't talk financing how do you know you're not ending up paying more than you should

·
Registered
781 Posts
double check with whoever you talked to about your financing. most places will only "lock" your rate in for 29-31 days. you can talk financing now to get an idea of what rates might be like, but if you're not expecting delivery for 8-12 weeks out it's quite possible you'll be at a different (better or worse) rate.

under no circumstances should anyone actually sign for a loan before they have vehicle keys in hand. believe it or not, some people do trying to lock a "great" rate in. all you're doing is paying interest on something you don't have yet!

·
Registered
548 Posts
You can have the deal from the date you ordered, or the date it arrives. But you don't start paying until you get the keys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just had to put a $500 deposit down... I have X-Plan plus the $750 in private cash so the dealer was able to lock in a price that way.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I negotiated everything when I test drove the car. Got an offer on my current POS car and left with a bill of sale after $500 down. Financing was taken care of the very next day and approved. I negotiated a pretty sweet deal. I even got the dealer to throw in the Canadian luxury package with the sunroof and power leather seats for only $400.

I have a question myself though, my trade in gets an intermittent check engine light that was not on when the offer was made. My mechanic says it's likely an error or something along those lines. I threw a little bit of money at it but it keeps popping up again and again. My question is, since I already have a bill of sale for my trade in and the new car, do I have to worry about the light lowering my trade-in value somehow? I'm thinking about just getting my mechanic to clear the code (which usually lasts a few days) before heading to the dealer whenever the car FINALLY arrives god knows when in the future.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You can have the deal from the date you ordered, or the date it arrives. But you don't start paying until you get the keys.
What he is saying you cannot lock in a rate today and expect it to be there 60 days later. Your price is good but not the interest rates.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I negotiated everything when I test drove the car. Got an offer on my current POS car and left with a bill of sale after $500 down. Financing was taken care of the very next day and approved. I negotiated a pretty sweet deal. I even got the dealer to throw in the Canadian luxury package with the sunroof and power leather seats for only $400.

I have a question myself though, my trade in gets an intermittent check engine light that was not on when the offer was made. My mechanic says it's likely an error or something along those lines. I threw a little bit of money at it but it keeps popping up again and again. My question is, since I already have a bill of sale for my trade in and the new car, do I have to worry about the light lowering my trade-in value somehow? I'm thinking about just getting my mechanic to clear the code (which usually lasts a few days) before heading to the dealer whenever the car FINALLY arrives god knows when in the future.
throw them the keys and run [:D]

my trade had an ABS & check engine light when they looked at it, I had to order my focus so to keep my car on the road it needed inspected ,I had to throw $100 into it to pass.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts