Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coilovers should be here friday!
looks like i have a weekend project!
ill update on how everything goes together with some pics

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yess! Sorry I've been busy at work. The new racelands are amazing! Everything fit prefect! I took the rear adjusters out and I have 3 more threads to go in the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
Cool!

Those are Contour SVT wheels right? They look good on there. Maybe spacer them out a bit, but they look plenty good as is.

How's it ride?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the picture above the rear are all the way down no adjuster in the rear and the fronts have about 1/2 inch of threads left. i can still take out the helper spring and go lower but idk yet. i got my new tires on 205 45 16 and now i have the front all the way down and the rear adjuster is still out. will put pics on soon

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool!

Those are Contour SVT wheels right? They look good on there. Maybe spacer them out a bit, but they look plenty good as is.

How's it ride?
Yes they're svt contour wheels thanks i like them wish they were a little wide tho. I never undstood why people use spacers.. My thinking is if i put a 5-10mm spacer it would rub? it doesnt rub now so i think im good...?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Yess! Sorry I've been busy at work. The new racelands are amazing! Everything fit prefect! I took the rear adjusters out and I have 3 more threads to go in the front.
Yes they're svt contour wheels thanks i like them wish they were a little wide tho. I never undstood why people use spacers.. My thinking is if i put a 5-10mm spacer it would rub? it doesnt rub now so i think im good...?
Glad you like them & they work great for you. I'd pass on the spacers too.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Depends on your current clearance, and, part and parcel, how much you want to go through for a bit more of a look.

On one of my old Z-cars, I got some 15" factory turbo wheels, but the offset made the rears look like they were in too far. I put a 1/4 spacer on and it really changed the look nicely (well, imo).

Prior to those wheels I had some zero offset wheels on it that caused a bit of rub in corners, so I rolled the fender lip to get clearance.

There are ways around nearly everything!

If you like 'em as is, rock 'em that way - it's a great looking wheel for the car, they should've offered those from the factory instead of those ugly 16's they put on the later cars (no offense to those who have factory 16's and like them!).

Nice ride homie!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Doesn't look like he has a lot of room for spacers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Adjusters out in the rear. All the way down in front with the helper spring still there (front hasn't settled) & new tires! 205 45 16

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Looks great. Whats up w/ the trailer hitch= you tow? Having had a couple of Powerstroke's & seeing you have a green fuel nozzle in your car= you did grab the gas nozzle?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great. Whats up w/ the trailer hitch= you tow? Having had a couple of Powerstroke's & seeing you have a green fuel nozzle in your car= you did grab the gas nozzle?
Haha bike rack and I towed my stand up jet ski just fine. And I have the 1.6 diesel. Lol just kidding. Yea the 89 had a green nozzle I'm like wtf

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Haha bike rack and I towed my stand up jet ski just fine. And I have the 1.6 diesel. Lol just kidding. Yea the 89 had a green nozzle I'm like wtf
89 octane green nozzle[?], ok if thats how they roll where you live? How 'bout throw a tune on board using premium fuel?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tune to expensive

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Truee. I think that's my next mod

1 - 20 of 37 Posts