Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a FSWerks Race exhaust and their Duratec Engine Cover. I cant wait for it to get here. I have had the stock exhaust way to long. Next thing I think I am going to get are Eibach sportlines and tires for my new wheels.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dang it. Does anyone know the stock exhaust size? I forgot to add the adapter since I still have the stock header on.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Isn't the stock size 2.25?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
oh yeah how did it turn out pics please.
Turned out good but I didn't take any pics. Basically I kept the 2.25 from the manicat back and removed everything. All that is in the exhaust now is a flowmaster muffler. I'm having a header installed in a couple of weeks and ill have it switched to 2.5 inch then.
And slammed there isn't a secondary cat on our vehicles. I've seen a lot of people say that so i did some research and contacted ford also. Our exhaust consist of the following:manicat followed by a straight through muffler that acts more like a resonator, then there is a resonator and at the back is the lunchbox muffler. People commonly mistake the first muffler for a cat but we only have the one at the manifold. There is a diagram on tousley ford if you go to our car year and model and click exhaust. Did see a definate performance gain from removing the mufflers and resonator though even before my tune. Can't wait to see what 2.5inch and header do. Of course i will have to have the tune adjusted to turn off the 2nd o2 sensor(=

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^Right to an extent, some models (The PZEV ones) have TWO cats, in conjunction with the muffler and resonator.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No harm done.

Gosh I cant wait for me boxes to get here. Now I gotta save a bit for springs then for tires. Then I gotta save a lot for coilovers and the stg 2 turbo kit.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
They all have two cats.
If you got the race exhaust then it will blot to the end of the flex pipe and wont matter. The system will eliminate the secondary cat, res, muffler, lunch box and replace them all with a new pipe and single muffler. Everything you need will be included to do the install.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
They all have two cats.
If you got the race exhaust then it will blot to the end of the flex pipe and wont matter. The system will eliminate the secondary cat, res, muffler, lunch box and replace them all with a new pipe and single muffler. Everything you need will be included to do the install.
no sir they do not all have two cats.... i looked at everything thouroughly while it was up on the lift after he removed the res and lunchbox muffler. then went back two days later and had the front muffler removed after doing research and making sure it wasnt a cat.

Number 3 is the only cat (=

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
that would be the secondary cat, the first one is in the manifold, hence why we all call it a mani-cat. From the Exhaust ports of the engine you have; , Mani-cat w/o2 before and after cat, flex-pipe, secondary cat, muffler and lunchbox/secondary res, tip.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
(= thank you for the clarification st!! so thats why people see such a significant gain when switching to a header... i saw somewhere on here a gain of 18whp. thats why im having one installed in a couple of weeks. should make a very prominent difference!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Exactly, have fun!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea idk if i am going header, I think boost sounds like a better idea....... what do you think?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Yea idk if i am going header, I think boost sounds like a better idea....... what do you think?
Boost

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
boost will definately be faster lol but im not looking to drop at least 3k right now.. also i have the extended warranty through ford and a turbo would pretty much blow all warranty coverage on drivetrain and the engine itself... while with the header and exhaust system they cannot backup their claim that it caused a problem because its not forced induction therfore causing greater pressure within the motor and thus more strain on the drivetrain.... sure the sct causes that but ill just remove it and clear the ecu back to stock before taking it in and all is good(=

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
The primary cat is on the Exhaust manifold RIGHT before the Flex pipe. "#13" is the secondary Cat which only the PZEV Focus have. I myself don't own a PZEV focus and only had one cat which was on the Exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, so the payment has processed and just waiting for the tracking number email. Cant wait to install the new exhuast, should match my Steeda SRI well until I get the FSWerks CAI, the the Cossi intake Mani in Oct.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts