Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my HKS cat back last week, and will probably get it next week.[thumb] Has anyone installed the HKS themselves? I plan to do it myself and was wondeg how hard it was, and what tools are needed. Thanx

·
Registered
793 Posts
YEAH!!!! Great choice, thats the only way to go! I had my shop put it on tho, however it was a pretty easy install, I was in and out in an hour

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
tools needs, some power lube or other various lubricators for the rusted bolts, hacksaw or some sort of saw, grinder to cut the exhaust and simple hand tools like socket and rachet

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
to get the rear section off so you dont have to drop the rear suspension

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah you'll be glad you got the HKS .... it sounds F***ING AWSOME!.... specially when u tach it up!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[email protected]#%^&*%$!#$ !!!! I just called streetstyler.com to check on the progress of my order, and they said the HKS was on a 6 week back order! #$%^*[email protected]&*!!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
popular exhaust i guess. just get thermal ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm also thinkin about getting the Eibach sportline springs, which lowers 2in front, and 2.25 in back. Will this cause a problem with scraping the HKS exhaust?

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you don't want to wait on the order, you can always cancel and try nopionline.com as dudeman said above. Haven't ever bought from them but that's where a friend of mine gets everything for his Protege. He's never had any kind of problem with them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No you don't have to worry about scraping.... juss go slow over the speed bumps.... i know... i have an H&R 2 inch drop.... it is really nice.... the handling is great!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got it for $443.99 shipped from streetstyler.com, I think id rather wait than spend the extra money. Also they said that most HKS parts for any car are on backorder, so im not the only one waiting.

·
Registered
793 Posts
s2dude said:
I'm also thinkin about getting the Eibach sportline springs, which lowers 2in front, and 2.25 in back. Will this cause a problem with scraping the HKS exhaust?
I have sprint springs for a 1.8" drop and my exhaust piping sits real low but I never scrape. If you increase that to 2.25" I would be prepared for it to scrape on dips and stuff, Id be careful since it runs under the axle

·
Registered
565 Posts
Jibberish18 said:
If you could get a Thermal I'd get that even though it's freakin expensive.
[thumb]

haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts