Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure it is not needed, nor is it a big deal to most, but hated the look of the engine so I ordered the Engine shroud. Rumor has it that it is sound insulated and limits the noisy clacking at startup when cold.

Plus it just looks better and that is worth at least 7 horsepower or half of a panty drop. Still worth something even in a daily commuter..

Paint or no paint? Body color or Ford Krinkle Blue? Ghetto fab custom paint splatter over gloss? Honda Type R sticker? Thoughts?

I know how you Focus guys roll.....

Now to get a cold air intake on this pig so I dont have to look at the crooked square blocks next to the cover.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I got one of those for free with my car.
You have to pay for it like an accessory ?
Strange !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rumor has it Ford stopped including it on most models a few months ago but still offers it through parts. I presume the Titanuim models still include them, but all others have been stripped.

All I know is my SE Sport Package 5 speed did not come with one and the engine is FUGLY.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It doen't stop the Morning Noise Anyways.
I suppose it's just more weight to lug around.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL thats a good one!

"weight".....

-Because racecar.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I added one to mine, and I have an extra long and short mounting stud. These took a while to get from ford (about 2 weeks after I got the cover) if you are in need of them send me a pm

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I added one to mine, and I have an extra long and short mounting stud. These took a while to get from ford (about 2 weeks after I got the cover) if you are in need of them send me a pm
Will do! Thanks!

I will wait to see what comes with the cover. If memory serves...and it rarely does accurately, I think I remember seeing the studs in place already on my car. Maybe not. But that is what led me to believe there should be a cover anyway before I found all this good info online.

I will send you a PM in a few days. Thanks again!

·
Registered
788 Posts
It doen't stop the Morning Noise Anyways.
I suppose it's just more weight to lug around.
I've noticed it does reduce engine noise on my car. Unless you talking about those other morning noises...
It doesn't add any significant weight, the cover only weighs about 2 pounds.

Will do! Thanks!
I will wait to see what comes with the cover. If memory serves...and it rarely does accurately, I think I remember seeing the studs in place already on my car. Maybe not. But that is what led me to believe there should be a cover anyway before I found all this good info online.
It does not come with the studs, you have to order those separately. Make sure you order one long and two short studs. What you are seeing in the engine compartment is the threaded posts the studs screw on to.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
If youre going to paint anything, chuck that lump of plastic and just paint the valve cover. itd look a lot better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If youre going to paint anything, chuck that lump of plastic and just paint the valve cover. itd look a lot better.
I disagree as it is not a nice looking part. it is also plastic, so long term adhesion on a "hot" part is difficult. Maybe a Mugen K20 valve cover would look nicer...

·
Registered
714 Posts
I heard they discontinued it due to over heating?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Possibly, but does not explain continued use on tit models for a while longer..

Personally, I plan on taking it to church to make it "holy" once it arrives. Maybe even insert some mesh from the back side to make it look "Racecar".

·
Registered
788 Posts
I heard they discontinued it due to over heating?
I was concerned about the engine running a little hotter after I installed the cover. The temp gauge is at the exact same place it was before the install, just below the half way mark.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I don't know where the heat rumours started, but yeah. Definitely no heat issues. Enjoy your cover! :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
No heat issues

I don't know where the heat rumours started, but yeah. Definitely no heat issues. Enjoy your cover! :D
I think I might have started that rumor inadvertently. All I said was I thought my Focus runs warm in the TampaBay area? [???:)

I want a cover now too. Can someone give me a link for the cover and studs?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts