Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed an order for Titanium with Nav and the salesman is telling me that because of the tsunami, Nav orders are taking significantly longer than 8 weeks.

Has anyone heard this?

Are they just trying to get me to switch to something they had in stock?

They also wanted $500 to place the order which I gave them. Is that a reasonable payment? How easily can I get that back?

·
Registered
207 Posts
i doubt nav was affected by tsunami as all you need is an sd card and mft touch screen which many people here have been getting on time...

i also put 500 down for my order

·
Registered
781 Posts
if you fight you can put nothing down, or as little as $1. getting it back will depend on the contract you sign. generally if you back out before an agreed upon date you won't get the money back. you typically say "the car will arrive by XXX date or this contract is void." 8-12 weeks out from your order date is fair, be wary of anything beyond that. shorter is better of course, for you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not sure about nav, but when I was considering ordering one (also $500 deposit) they told me they had no idea how long it would take to get a black one. Evidently the pigment in the black paint is not available from the manufacturer in Japan due to quake/tsunami.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nav on the F150's were put on hold due to Japan's issues, so I'd tend to believe there may be some truth to it. Hopefully some others here that have SAT NAV will chime in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nav on the F150's were put on hold due to Japan's issues, so I'd tend to believe there may be some truth to it. Hopefully some others here that have SAT NAV will chime in.
My dealer asked for a $5,000 deposit. The NAV had no issues...took 7 wks for delivery on car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My dealer asked for a $5,000 deposit. The NAV had no issues...took 7 wks for delivery on car.
$5,000? WOW. Did you order a weird configuration that they were afraid they wouldn't be able to sell if you backed out?

The dealerships in Nor Cal can barely keep any Focus on their lots.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Nav w/MyFord touch is not on delay. It is simply a SD card add-on to MyFord touch. Reason it is delayed or canceled on the F150, taurus, and Fusion is those use the older generation Nav system.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Only thing I know that became unavailable was certain paint colors. I ordered in June with Nav and mine took just over 7 weeks (with the two weeks shut down in July). Sounds like your dealer is either way misinformed or way purposely lying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm more inclined to believe stupidity rather than underhandedness since they have lost a sale because of it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nav w/MyFord touch is not on delay. It is simply a SD card add-on to MyFord touch. Reason it is delayed or canceled on the F150, taurus, and Fusion is those use the older generation Nav system.
OK, you're the second person I've heard mention that MFT can be upgraded to Nav in a Titanium by simply ordering the SD card. The first time I heard this on a Fordinsidenews.com web review ended in a futile search. Any help with this would be appreciated.
It would certainly be nice to have that option instead of a Garmin / TomTom type unit if I ever decide NAV is for me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
OK, you're the second person I've heard mention that MFT can be upgraded to Nav in a Titanium by simply ordering the SD card. The first time I heard this on a Fordinsidenews.com web review ended in a futile search. Any help with this would be appreciated.
It would certainly be nice to have that option instead of a Garmin / TomTom type unit if I ever decide NAV is for me.
I'm wondering why Ford would spend the money to put the actual GPS unit in the non-Nav cars if you're not paying for it... just seems unlikely. It's not like the SD card can communicate with satellites...

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
i would imagine it's the software on the card that costs $$$. a gps chip in all MFTs wouldn't be that much more for Ford
My understanding is that the hardware is all there whether you buy nav or not. I cannot bring myself to pay Ford $700 to flip a software switch and give me an SD card that contains the maps that probably cost them $30 to license. My Navigon app for my iphone only cost $60.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was actually told the same thing when I ordered mine back in June. The salesman said their allocation for the Edge and new Explorer was very limited if ordering them with NAV. He said the Focus was exempt from the allocation restriction for NAV though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts