Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does not matter for myself. But iwas reading the build date stuff and a poster mentioned his car may not arrive in time to take advantage of some incentive he based buying the car on. Is that fair?
Is that correct?
What if the contract is signed?

·
Registered
267 Posts
You should be able to take either incentive. The one that was on offer when you ordered the car, or the one that is on offer when the car is delivered. That was my case anyway, and I can't see policy being different between dealerships on something like this.

·
Registered
548 Posts
You're guaranteed the price when you order, but not sure about particular programs and incentives. I think it would vary and you'd have to ask the dealer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Every US incentive I've ever seen has the wording, "Must take delivery from dealer stock by"

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I don't know if whatever incentives really mean something. For instance, I bought the car when there were "ford employers price" incentives, but you know what ? The finance APR was 4.99% once the 3 year limit was passed. Now, there are no incentives anymore, but guess what ? The 4.99% is down to 2.99%. And in the end, the price is 5 $ more than the one with the "incentives". So... incentives are so biased... Try to buy the car at the end of the month and THAT is when you may get something for your bucks. Not with the "incentives", because this is only a marketing strategy to fool the buyers.

P.S. Normally, the price should be the one at the contract signature, not at the car delivery. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
You aren't guaranteed for instance, a rebate. Because rebates can only be taken advantage of when you drive the the car home/submit the final paperwork that you're buying the car...before the rebate period ends. The rebate period is a "window of time" per say to buy your car.

(Though I was approved for Ford Credit, I'm not using it) There were other rebates available if using FC, but I only received a $500 rebate in the end. And that ends Oct 31st I think it was. So if I ordered my car tomorrow, and it doesn't come until Nov 11th, you won't get the rebate.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know if the incentives apply to factory ordered cars? When they say "Take new retail delivery from dealer stock" does this mean that you have to buy a car from the stock that the dealer already has i.e. something on the lot? It would be really nice to get 500 off when my car finally gets delivered.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does anyone know if the incentives apply to factory ordered cars? When they say "Take new retail delivery from dealer stock" does this mean that you have to buy a car from the stock that the dealer already has i.e. something on the lot? It would be really nice to get 500 off when my car finally gets delivered.
Since I am going to have this very issue...

I see it as this: If I only pay for a deposit, and have not signed any paperwork for the new car, it's still the dealer's vehicle. When I pick up my factory ordered car, I am essentially taking a vehicle from dealer stock..when I sign the paperwork.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You should be able to take either incentive. The one that was on offer when you ordered the car, or the one that is on offer when the car is delivered. That was my case anyway, and I can't see policy being different between dealerships on something like this.
Yeah, I was told the same thing. Glad to see it turned out that way for someone.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeah, I was told the same thing. Glad to see it turned out that way for someone.
I was the same as well.
You choose the best price when the car lands, the original deal when you placed the order, or the current days deal.

You can't mix and match promotions to build a better deal. If todays deal is a lower interest rate, they wont give you that AND the summer employee pricing deal.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I ordered a car and used the $750 private cash rebate and the $500 financing rebate.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Canadian drivers get the offer at time order was placed, or delivery.

US drivers get offer at delivery. (Look at the fine print)
The current US offer is through the end of the year, so it should not be an issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered a car and used the $750 private cash rebate and the $500 financing rebate.
Great! Now if I could just find come private cash... I have requested brochures, but they don't seem to be including any private cash with them anymore. In fact, they don't even seem to be sending the whole brochure anymore, just a one page tri-fold.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Since I am going to have this very issue...

I see it as this: If I only pay for a deposit, and have not signed any paperwork for the new car, it's still the dealer's vehicle. When I pick up my factory ordered car, I am essentially taking a vehicle from dealer stock..when I sign the paperwork.
That's how I understand it too. When we picked up my Focus last night (it was ordered) it had a dealer stock number.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great! Now if I could just find come private cash... I have requested brochures, but they don't seem to be including any private cash with them anymore. In fact, they don't even seem to be sending the whole brochure anymore, just a one page tri-fold.
Go to some dealers and start the process of buying a car. look at them drive one do all the stuff of buying except do NOT sign the paperwork. Tell them you just have to think about it, or you are getting a Migraine and will call them back
One of them may send you some brouchers with the cash offers. I got two after my dealer trips.. (But I had already bought a car from another)
(On the negative side this is wasting thier time, but if you want $500 or $750 free money off on your new car...)
It does seem to be up to the dealr to send out the pamphlet with the offers...
One of four dealers sent me an 'official' Ford ones with cash off, A second called, and the third sent a letter, but no freebee cash off And then one with the cash off from who? don't know..

·
Registered
724 Posts
I downloaded the brochure and they emailed me the private cash certificate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I took the Ford Financing incentive of $500 with a stated interest rate of 3.99 %. I signed the contract and in six weeks when the car arrived.....they charged me 4.99% stating the interest rate is not frozen when the car is ordered. So be careful of bait and switch tactics like this. Anyway, I was pissed enough to go out and refinance the car for less with my credit union for much less.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I took the Ford Financing incentive of $500 with a stated interest rate of 3.99 %. I signed the contract and in six weeks when the car arrived.....they charged me 4.99% stating the interest rate is not frozen when the car is ordered. So be careful of bait and switch tactics like this. Anyway, I was pissed enough to go out and refinance the car for less with my credit union for much less.
I was told you must wait 4 months after taking the $500 rebate for financing, or you are in breach of contract and have to pay it back. But even waiting 4 months then refinancing you can come out ahead.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I was told you must wait 4 months after taking the $500 rebate for financing, or you are in breach of contract and have to pay it back. But even waiting 4 months then refinancing you can come out ahead.
I wasn't told this but it took about 4 months for my title to arrive at my home. As soon as it did, I went to my Credit Union to refinanced at a lower rate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts