Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...The last wire. I managed to install my neons a year ago, and had no problems. I drilled small holes to run the wire through, and run the wires inside the chasse.

But now that I have these LED version, I noticed these lights connect in a series now. So there is no need for these small holes. However, the last wire that connects to the control box is getting me confused.

FOr those that have installed the LED versions. Where have you ran the last wire? Did you drill a hole and seal it, or found a way through the firewall, frame, etc etc.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
i had almost the same kit but i got the newer street glow kit. came out right after the street glow optx kit. basically the same thing. i just drilled a hole right in the floorboard of the car in the corner in the dead pedal area. than ran the wire through the kickpanel. out of the opening for the interior fuse panel then to the controller which i mounted on the bottom of the steering panel. there's enough extra cable to go through the firewall if thats what you prefer though.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I always ran them inside my car the optix I had ran straight ti the distrubution box. I used redline and they suck have to wire two bulbs to a convertor box (it boosts the power up) so you have two big boxes under your seats(or wherever).

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give another drilled hole a try. Kick panel seems like a good place. I found a place through the firewall, but it is for the steering column. I'm not even going to try and attempt to run it through there.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts