Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the red top 3 months ago and all has been good with the electrical since. Except for this morning... started the car and shorlty after my electronics went out and my rear defroster so I shut the car off. Tried to jump it and a few minutes later I got the same result. My car is an 07 and I do have an amp setup but it does not have a power draw. I just installed an unwrapped header, would the heat have done something to fry my alternator? Also is it possible that the optima is just junk after 3 months?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I've got Red top Optima batteries on everything I own , your suppose to do the power wire from the battery to alt as recommended from them .

I've also got an 07 with a header but mines not wrapped and I haven't had any issues with the heat under the hood .

Sounds like it might have just been time for the alternator to go. Also I've been talking with several people from Powermaster about an alternator for the 07's and up . Nothing in their application guide about 07's and up. J

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I went to schucks and they replaced my optima with no questions asked and with a brand new battery I tested the charge. Its confirmed... Alternator is out. Anyone know where to buy a more beefy alternator for the 07 dtech and how to install? looks like a real pita

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile I think CFM has an alternator for the 07 Duratec's . Their a sponsor on here so shoot someone a pm or give them a call to make sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts