Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think guys. going from 18mm to 21mm. Is it worth it? anyone ever done it before? and yes even though this is about suspension, it is related to my '11, which is what this part of the forum is about

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rear. sorry forgot to clarify. Specs that i read was that the front is already 21mm. so idk if that'd just even things out if i bought the rear

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
yes updating the rear bar will make a difference, not as much as you would get if you added one to a car without a rear bar.
I say go for it!

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, thanks for the input [thumb]

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
At first, Im thinking, "no rear sway bar", but then I forgot, SES, Have small RSB, how many commas can i use, oh well...

I say go for it!!!!

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome, and another thing, if i get the sway bar do i need bigger bushings or would the ones i have work fine?

edit: lol looks like i figured out the answer to my own question. never mind!! hahahahaheh.... [chairfall]

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Other than a minor change in diameter to the front struts in 06, all Foci have the same suspension, which is why I'm moving this thread to the proper forum.

I understand that now that the 3 generations have been separated that people don't see the need to venture outside of their little corner of the forum, hopefully get generation specific answers. But this section is supposed to be "The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the 2008-2011 Focus", as the subtitle indicates.

Oh, and to answer Your question, although 3mm really doesn't seem like much I think You will notice a difference in Your steering dynamics. It may be subtle, but it should add a bit of confidence to your cornering ability.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
First off, I am only one person and this isn't all I do all day(contrary to popular belief), so thanks for pointing these threads out to Me. I have moved them all to their appropriate forums.

Second, I moderate roughly half of this forum(FF), and sometimes I am one of the very few actually doing any actual moderating. Not to mention My real life career, so if I don't catch them all but I do catch one of Yours, don't take it personally. I can only do so much, and I'm not going to stop and read every single thread that comes across My monitor, as that would be impossible.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool, I mean the titles aren't obvious enough but i'm glad that is cleared up. thank you

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
cool, I mean the titles aren't obvious enough but i'm glad that is cleared up. thank you
Well on top of what jmiller said, you should get better answers to your suspension questions here in this forum.

But yes, you will need new bushings and it might not hurt to replace your endlinks while you are at it. Also, be sure to properly grease the new bushings if they require it.

All in all, this is a pretty easy mod and it should make a noticeable difference. CFM, has the bushings and end links (available else where too but they come to mind first.) You should be glad that you have an SES with the mounting points on the rear sway bar, so annoying for us without that!

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well on top of what jmiller said, you should get better answers to your suspension questions here in this forum.

But yes, you will need new bushings and it might not hurt to replace your endlinks while you are at it. Also, be sure to properly grease the new bushings if they require it.

All in all, this is a pretty easy mod and it should make a noticeable difference. CFM, has the bushings and end links (available else where too but they come to mind first.) You should be glad that you have an SES with the mounting points on the rear sway bar, so annoying for us without that!
i get that, but i wanted an opinion on what it feels like with the 2nd gen's only. I don't have a 1st gen or a 2012 so why would I want to broaden the topic if i want a straight up yes or no. not what it does.

but anyways.

thank you for the help. i'm trying to make my car handle better, slowly so I don't steer in the wrong direction so this really helped

1 - 13 of 13 Posts