Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 ZX5 and I really want to get rid of the 4x4 stance... so far i have been waiting to get the sportlines....
what do you guys think? keep holding out for the sportlines... or suck it up and get the prokit because I can get it now?
D

·
Registered
272 Posts
I suspect you really want the sportlines, so I would wait.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i'm happy with my pro-kit:
clicky

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do really want the sportlines, or just a 2" drop... i want the wheel well gaps gone completely...
but i haven't seen our car with the pro kit before (in person) and its often hard to tell from pictures.. im just worried that the sportlines won't come out..
D

·
Registered
557 Posts
go with the prokit, any lower and i wouldnt be happy personally, i think rubbing would start to occur far to frequently.. I almost have no gap with the stock SVT rims.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do u have a nice side profle picture of your car on road surface maybe a little closer to the wheel well by chance?

·
Registered
557 Posts
give me a few minutes i ll go take one. lol

·
Registered
557 Posts

there ya go.

·
Registered
557 Posts
215-45-17's just in case you were wondering.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Oh, this helps me too, I was thinking sportlines b/c I though 2 in would be good but I like the look of the prokit. Theres my decision!

·
Registered
557 Posts
glad i could help.

·
Registered
272 Posts
After seeing the pics I would have to agree. Any lower is asking for grief unless you're on a track.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
^ i beg to differ..

i had sportlines on my zx3 and they freaking rocked.
i had a slight rubbing issue when i hit dips, but i just grapped my fenders and pulled them out just a tad and problem solved. No issues at all with daily driving. There was no gap at all. it went from wheel to fender. I loved the look. I thinking of getting a set for the SVT

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Although I do think the pro-kit looks good.... it didn't look low enough to satifsfy MY needs when it comes to appearance... i will be waiting for the sportlines to come out! thank you for the pictures!
D

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
FocusBoy949 said:
go with the prokit, any lower and i wouldnt be happy personally, i think rubbing would start to occur far to frequently.. I almost have no gap with the stock SVT rims.

thats a killer looking C-dan!! Cleanly done, nice job [thumb] And yes i agree, go with the prokit had it on my car for over a year now.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have heard to many stories about the sportlines. They were my original plan but after my experience with the pro kit so far i would never go any lower. Mind you that my car has no one in it at the time and nothing in the trunk. WHen i have 2 people in my back seat the rear tires are tucked under the fender. DO yourself a favor and get the prokit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts