Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all here is a link to the thread where i posted pics of my car a few weeks back....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1500

Now, as you can see I drive an SE which is "grocery getter gold" (or "old man tan", if you will...). My plans for the spring were to slap on a Wings west Avenger body kit, paint the car black, and tint the windows, then when funds allow it, lower the car and get some rims. I wanna make it look a little sportier, or, you know, as sporty as a Focus SE can look... I personally kinda like the color the car is now, but i figured it would look out of place on any "sportier" car, until 2 days ago when i saw a 2002 Camaro that was damn near the exact same shade of Old Man Tan as my car. The car looked really good, and now I'm thinking maybe i can get away with painting the body kit to match the color my car is already. There are no scratches or anything in the original paint job, so its not like it needs to be painted anyway. what do you guys think about that? A wings west Avenger kit in Grocery Getter Gold...

second question. since I plan on getting new rims when i put on the body kit, i was thinking of painting the stock rims to look a little better with the way the car is currently. only problem is, nothing matches that color except maybe black. what do you think of stock rims painted black on a tan SE?

Thrid, and finally, what the hell can i do to the interior? interior of the car is an ugly ass brown, and i cant really think of anything i can do that would match. i dont wanna do anything bold and flamboyant like painting the dash neon green, or anything silly like that, just wanna personalize it a little, jazz it up. Any suggestions? the only really idea i have that i was seriously considering, was if i could find a nice set of seats that would look good up front, i'd take the stock seats from the front and see if i could find a way to put them in the back... essentially making a 4 seater car. anyone know if that could be done?

All opinions, suggestions, feedback, and critisism for buying a gold SE welcome. [thumb]
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Keep the color of the car

DO NOT get black rims....silver is the best color combo with tan

No suggestions on the interior

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
wat do you want to do with te car ?
go fast or jut look good...?

IMO the Avenger kit look like ass...
i would try o get an euro look....

as for the rims...
i would stay on silver with you car color..

as for interior...
i would just get nice front seats and leve the back as is...
then paint some interior trims silver color...
but thats just me...

joel

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
el_pio said:
wat do you want to do with te car ?
go fast or jut look good...?
Goin for both. just startin to work on some "go fast" modds i can do over the next few months, and planning the "look good" mods for next spring/summer.... as far as the "look good" side goes, i just wanna have everything planned out before i start throwing cash at it...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
well the avenger kit looks great on the sedan. would also keep the rims silver causeit would look better with the color of your car. not sure about interior mods.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I love the looks of the Avenger kit. Think about it, why get the Euro kit? It is stock over there!

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
what about an RS bumber...
is that stock !?
[:D]

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've pretty much settled on the Avenger kit, what i'm wonderin' about now is paintin black VS stickin with the grocery getter gold....

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
ok...
each one with its own....

i would stay with gold....
several reasons...
it would be cheaper just get the new parts in gold than making a good new paint job black...and this is equal to more mods....
less time consuming...you could ask a body shop to pain the parts while you use the car and when they are done they could just put the arts in a day or less....

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but lets say money is no object. looks wise, black avenger Se, or tan avenger SE....
I mean, i think we'd pretty much all agree the black would look better, but I'd definitly be the only car around here that color with a bodykit, rims, etc... i'm kinda think it'd take some balls to go rollin around in an "old man tan" focus with a bodykit... I just dont want to look totally retarded.. a little retarded i can deal with, I'm used to that....[thumb]

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
For a GOOD paint job, (that means great quality, and painting the jams) your looking at several thousand dollars. Paint is not cheap... labor is worse. Keep the color. Or trade the car for one that you really want, options and color.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
ifmoney is not a problem then trade the car for an black SE with zetec...
a gold avenger would look good anyway....

Joel

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[offtopic] just out of curiosity... why does everyone always say "SE with zetec"?
SE = sedan with zetec
LX = sedan with SPI

but anywho, i guess what i really wanna know is if say a year from now, if i put up pictures of a tan avenger SE, are all gonna say "looks good except for that god awful color. what the hell were you thinking? i woulda painted it black..."[:D]
I know if i put on the bodykit and paint it black, it'll look good. I like the color my car is now, but i'm not sure how it'll go with the body kit on there....

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
i say keep it tan and throw borbet wheels on it...seen it in person, and with those wheels, the car looks damn good, even with that color, i was impressed

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay, since so far everyone seems to agree that i should keep the color as is, what about tint? I think tintin them black might look a little off just because the windows would be so much darker than the rest of the car, but i really can't see myself putting on that gold tint either... what about silver? or maybe a smoked grey?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
black and only black.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i must say, i'm very surprised by the feedback so far... all my friends rip me apart for having a tan car, and i was prepared for the same here. the only person who i know who thought i should leave it tan was my father, and i'm pretty sure he was just tryin to stop me from throwin too much cash into my car.

thanks for all the replies. like i said before, all opinions and feedback welcome.....

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
hey what about a bronze tint...could look good on the tan car....
black would be my choise...but bronze is an option...

[offtopic]
SE is not equal to Zetec
the zetec is an option on the SE....
LX is the most basic sedan you can buy...
SE is a LX with all the power, rims and stuff...THEN you can add a couple of option and have a zetec....so in conclusion you can have an SE with a SPI engine...

Joel

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Leave the car gold (or tan whatever color it is)!
You should put some silver rims on it cause I tried to picture it with black wheels and umm no way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts