Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here we go:

K-Sport Coilovers (w/ Upper Pillowball mount)
Steeda Front Sway Bar 25mm
Steeda Rear Sway Bar 28.6mm
Steeda Rear Camber Bolts
PowerGrid Endlinks
Prothane Urethane Full Suspension Bushings
LCR Race Camber Plates
Focus Sport Front Strut Bar
Focus Sport Rear Strut Bar

VF Engineering Driverside Motor Mount
VF Engineering Passengerside Motor Mount

LOL, pretty stiff and rugged set up? and its not gonna be cheap, but it will handle like a dream..eh? might want to get some 16" wheels for the coilovers.

Opinions, please?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between a strut BAR and a sway bar?

I'm new to these cars...always been a truck guy, heh. [:)~]

·
Registered
172 Posts
a strut bar attaches between the tops of the strut towers to add rigidty, a sway bar (excuse the lack of a technical term) attaches beneath the car in a similar fashion as to do the same thing.

oh, and to answer the poster's question. Yeah, its gonna be expensive, but what are you setting your suspension up for? Track? Everyday use? That looks great for track use, but you'll get a really rough ride if its your commuter... I wish I could afford a suspension system like that ;-)

-Honorsystem

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Honorsystem said:
a strut bar attaches between the tops of the strut towers to add rigidty, a sway bar (excuse the lack of a technical term) attaches beneath the car in a similar fashion as to do the same thing.
Close, but they do not do the same thing.

A strut bar connects the top of the strut towers to reduce chassis twisting under loads

A sway bar connects to the lower part of the suspension, either to the strut housing or the control arms. While cornering, it effectivly increases the spring rate on the outside spring by applying forces to the inside spring, thus reducing body roll.

One works, the other is more for looks on a Focus. (in my opinion)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its gonna be the sommuter for a while, but its just me, no family for real. if im takin the baby somewhere, werre always usin mommas car, b/c she has a 4 door.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Wow, those are some stiff spring rates! I hope you have some good roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts