Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Not sure n this subject.

I use purple power to clean mine but it does something to plastics which leaves them looking terrible though I am sure you could get some plastic restore stuff tofix that.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
I will have to try that sometime. haha, I like the "citrus scent" for the engine bay.

·
Registered
102 Posts
On my mustang, for car shows I'll throw a grocery bag on the alternator and distributor, spray it down with a degreaser and rinse it, then use whatever engine dress I have. If I have none, I'll do a light coat of interior dress and while it down once more with a terry cloth.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Protect any electronics/alternator/ and any other parts that should not get wet with aluminum foil or grocery bags. Clean it thoroughly with a mild engine bay cleaner. Let it dry completely with the hood up. Once Dry use Sonus Trim and motor kote(Link below).

FSwerks contacted me asking to use the pics of my engine bay for their main product photos for the cai and engine cover because of my engine bay lol. I have slacked for over 2 years but I'm going to get it looking like this again.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonus-Trim-Motor-Kote-16-9/dp/B008SMVFYM

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
What these guys said^
A lot lol. Thus why you should never use simple green because there is a lot it can do damage to...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oven cleaner and a nice rinse works for me.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
If you don't rinse it off...
Actually even if you do rinse it all off. Simple Green even states on their site that if used on aluminum you must put a protective coating on the aluminum immediately afterwards to keep it from corroding.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually even if you do rinse it all off. Simple Green even states on their site that if used on aluminum you must put a protective coating on the aluminum immediately afterwards to keep it from corroding.
This is the product I was referring to:
Extreme Simple Green Motorsports Cleaner & Deg
Didn't see anything in the instructions about a protective coating but maybe I didn't dig deep enough.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts