Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought that the outside LEDs were a little too little, but perhaps this is a little too much...?

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are a ton of lights but I think it has a cool unique look to it. Can you maybe take a picture at night to see what it looks like?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are several previous posts on wiring and mounting, so I won't rehash all that here, but I bought the lights off Ebay. These are the only ones I could find that would fit in the spaces between the center grill vertical slats. They should last a good 5 years, so I think they're worth the $10 or $12 I paid for them.

I'm going to replace the outer lights with wider ones that will fill out the openings in the side grills, but I'm still not sure I'll keep these. Jury is still out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are a ton of lights but I think it has a cool unique look to it. Can you maybe take a picture at night to see what it looks like?

Here's the night photos. The camera doesn't do them justice in night or day mode. The pics have a lot of glare to them, but the lights, in reality, are quite clear. They're also all the same brightness in person.

Oh, and don't pay attention to the wiring job, that's just temporary. I have a custom built harness that I made to wire up all six.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I think it looks mean. Now can I has headlights? :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
At first when you had them above the painted section, I did not care for them, now with them in betweeen the painted section (night shot) I think that is the way way the vehicle should come from the factory, that looks awesome, very..... TRON.

·
Registered
15 Posts
At first when you had them above the painted section, I did not care for them, now with them in betweeen the painted section (night shot) I think that is the way way the vehicle should come from the factory, that looks awesome, very..... TRON.
Yeah I know DRLs are on during the daytime but I thought it would be neat to see picture of it at night. And yes this is very Tronesque. lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was looking fitting two in the bottom slots like your second picture but couldn't find any over here that would fit. Can you post a link please?

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not to be a bearer of bad news, but that looks quite illegal to me. The strips on the left and right look fine and could be taken as being stock DRL's, but the center LED's just look bad and are clearly illegal.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why are they illegal?

And I think they look awesome in the second place you put them. Fit very snug and bring about a mean look. Nice.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Superb, thanks for that. How bright are they during sunny days? Where did you take the ignition live feed from? (sorry for the hi-jack)

They look brilliant all accross the bottom of yours

Posted via FF Mobile
Thanks for the feedback.[:D]

They're not too bright during the day. I'd say average and not overpowering at all.

I took the feed from the power mirror fuse in the underhood fuse block. It's a 10A feed, and used very infrequently.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts