Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
KBB has you around $9K for private party, and they're usually too high anyway, so stick a bag with $6K cash in the hatchback. Might get your price.

My car is one owner & no accidents. Under 50k miles. Pristine condition. I’ll have no trouble selling it for 15k. Lots of high mileage & multiple owner cars around 9-10k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Some idiot buyers that's for sure. I just can't comprehend your logic. A bank would not even give you a car loan for that amount they look at the value they don't start a loan underwater. Someone would have to take out a higher interest personal loan which is stupid. Who in the world is going to buy a Ford Focus with $15,000 in cash. That person should be slapped upside the head hey man give me $15,000 for a car with no warranty that is cursed with transmission problems.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
963 Posts
I had a friend who had a '88 Accord. Pristine condition. The problem was, there is no market for pristine '88 Accords. At least not at the crazy price he thought it was worth. I applaud you for keeping your car in good shape, but nobody in their right mind is going to hand you $15K for a six year old Focus. They can find nearly new ones all day for that amount.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I had a friend who had a '88 Accord. Pristine condition. The problem was, there is no market for pristine '88 Accords. At least not at the crazy price he thought it was worth. I applaud you for keeping your car in good shape, but nobody in their right mind is going to hand you $15K for a six year old Focus. They can find nearly new ones all day for that amount.
Well you can actually buy brand new ones for that price it would just be a basic sedan version. When I got my Fiesta ST they had $6,000 plus incentives on the Focus.

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Some idiot buyers that's for sure. I just can't comprehend your logic. A bank would not even give you a car loan for that amount they look at the value they don't start a loan underwater. Someone would have to take out a higher interest personal loan which is stupid. Who in the world is going to buy a Ford Focus with $15,000 in cash. That person should be slapped upside the head hey man give me $15,000 for a car with no warranty that is cursed with transmission problems.

We can agree to disagree however I still feel like the Titanium Hatchback is a better daily driver vs. a Focus ST or Fiesta ST. The Titanium has more options than the ST & if you get the optional 18” wheels it looks about the same as the ST & it will get much better MPGs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best in class for Rally type drivers

Bought my Ruby Red 2013 Focus SE 5 speed MT new in early November 2012 had to wait till Dec. 23rd 2012 for delivery(5 speed needed to be ordered) On delivery the really old sales manager told me that the 5 speed was a thing of the past. I just laughed at him and said it's for real drivers man where are you at? I love this car, I push it for fun every ride, it's responsive in handling and well controlled with that shifter there. plus freeway mileage is 39-40 mph and 32 to 35 around these rural Tennessee winding roads. This one will be hard to let go of because there is no in class replacement/competitor.

·
Registered
160 Posts
For day-to-day driving an automatic is a no-brainer compared to a manual transmission. My stick-shift driving experiences within metropolitans including NYC, Atlanta and Denver and they weren't the best especially in rush hour traffic. That is until you look at a Focus/Fiesta automatic and it's the dreaded DCT unless it's the 1.0L engine. Any other cars with torque-converter ATs are fine, just not dual clutch ATs.

I have no extensive experience with the Focus ST besides test-driving an ST1 and an ST3. I would prefer the ST1 over the fact that the seats are more comfortable. I like my 9+ hours road trips and the bolstered Recaro seats would be rather uncomfortable. I can see why some compares the ST1 to the SE in the same way the ST3 to Titanium based on the features and not on the pricing.

That being said I would choose the MT over the AT any day of the week even for day-to-day commuting just for the fact that I can deal with shifting in traffic at the moment. I'll re-visit this again once I'm over 35 and my knees aren't how they're used to be I guess...

As for the color, black over white for me personally. I always like the subtle colors and I find white to be less easy to look clean over black. Just my .02

Sorry for the really long-winded answer...

Reactions: Pokerrun388

·
Registered
100 Posts
You are so optimistic. My 13 bmw 528xi (fully loaded) is listed for sale 15.6k and I can't find a buyer at this point. How are you planning to sell your car for 15k, seriously?

KBB has you around $9K for private party, and they're usually too high anyway, so stick a bag with $6K cash in the hatchback. Might get your price.

My car is one owner & no accidents. Under 50k miles. Pristine condition. I’ll have no trouble selling it for 15k. Lots of high mileage & multiple owner cars around 9-10k.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile

·
Registered
842 Posts
You are so optimistic. My 13 bmw 528xi (fully loaded) is listed for sale 15.6k and I can't find a buyer at this point. How are you planning to sell your car for 15k, seriously?

My car is worth 15k in its current condition. It’s a one owner vehicle w/ no accidents & clean title & under 40k miles. Very rare for any ‘13 Focus. It’s a gem & the right buyer will come along. I always get a good laugh on those that being up KBB. I never even consider that on my pricing. I simply go onto CarGuru’s & Cars dot com & start filtering away. You’ll start with about 300 cars & then as soon as you filter: no accidents, one owner, under 40k miles & ‘13-‘14 model years, you’ll be left with 3 or 4 cars & they’ll be priced around 13k. I have one of the nicest ‘13 Titanium Hatchback in the US, so I’ll demand top dollar because mine looks better w/ the black wheels.

CarMax would probably offer me 8-9k for my car & turn around & list it for around 14k. Go onto their website, they’re getting $12-13k for one-owner ‘13 Titanium Hatchbacks with 50k+ miles.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have one of the nicest ‘13 Titanium Hatchback in the US, so I’ll demand top dollar because mine looks better w/ the black wheels.
Don't want to ruin your parade but a stock 2013 focus titanium with black wheels does not make it look better nor does it necessarily raise the resale value. Nobody is going to think it's any different than the other focus's on the road. It just makes it easier to sell and the price it's worth at. But I'm pretty sure nobody in their right mind is going to buy a 6-year old focus at the same price as the 2018 focuses with half your miles with warranty.

But it's your car and your sale, if you think it's going to sell at 15K then list it I suppoe.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Don't want to ruin your parade but a stock 2013 focus titanium with black wheels does not make it look better nor does it necessarily raise the resale value. Nobody is going to think it's any different than the other focus's on the road. It just makes it easier to sell and the price it's worth at. But I'm pretty sure nobody in their right mind is going to buy a 6-year old focus at the same price as the 2018 focuses with half your miles with warranty.

But it's your car and your sale, if you think it's going to sell at 15K then list it I suppoe.

Again, you’re often times posting links to cars that have had multiple owners & have accidents reported on their carfax. A 6-7 yo car with one owner & no accidents will always have a higher resale value.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Again, you’re often times posting links to cars that have had multiple owners & have accidents reported on their carfax. A 6-7 yo car with one owner & no accidents will always have a higher resale value.
A lot of them are 1 or 2 owner cars (with the majority of 2018s being 1 owner). With the exception of the non-franchise/used-car dealerships anyways.

·
Registered
842 Posts
A 2013 non-ST Focus is a "gem?"

You have to be trolling.

Any vehicle that’s 6-7yo with under 40k miles, no accidents & one-owner is considered a gem. Regardless if it’s a Civic EX or Focus ST. You know that those vehicles have been cared for very well.

·
Registered
963 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
81 - 100 of 125 Posts