Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Damn I knew you were a boring person. Somebody would have to be an idiot to give you $15,000.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

You haven’t looked at resale value on used 2013-2014 Titanium Hatchbacks with less than 40k miles, have you? Do some research on pricing before you start name calling. There’s probably 3 or 4 2013 Titanium Hatchbacks nationwide for sale with under 40k miles, one owner & no accidents. Mine would be top dollar. Pristine condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
700 Posts
I wouldn't touch one of those cars without a warranty for that transmission you couldn't give it to me. No one gives a damn about the titanium model like you do nobody. Kelley blue book value of that car in the best condition super low miles every option that exists is like 10 grand. When Banks give loans to a vehicle they look at the value, they will not give you a loan for more than the value.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I wouldn't touch one of those cars without a warranty for that transmission you couldn't give it to me. No one gives a damn about the titanium model like you do nobody.

The shifting points are odd & it does worry me however is an ST1 an upgrade over a Titanium Hatchback? Think about it? Sure, the ST looks better, but my car looks similar. The ST gets terrible mpg vs. the Titanium & is much more to insure. Plus, if you lived in LA, would you really want to daily drive a manual? Plus the infotainment system on my car blows away the ST.

This is why I’m struggling to sell it for the ST. This car, say what you want about the DCT, is still a more efficient daily vs. an ST.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The shifting points are odd & it does worry me however is an ST1 an upgrade over a Titanium Hatchback? Think about it? Sure, the ST looks better, but my car looks similar. The ST gets terrible mpg vs. the Titanium & is much more to insure. Plus, if you lived in LA, would you really want to daily drive a manual? Plus the infotainment system on my car blows away the ST.

This is why I’m struggling to sell it for the ST. This car, say what you want about the DCT, is still a more efficient daily vs. an ST.

Yes the ST is better, so much better. I have a Fiesta ST I love that car. Most of the guys on the Fiesta ST site are from California. You live in California I don't want to hear about how much it cost to insure, or the miles per gallon. You literally live in the most expensive place you could possibly except for San Francisco, and New York City. Unless you have some fantastic job move. The performance is worth any negatives. Life is short going to have a fun car, and I'm going to mod it. I can't stand a factory exhaust. I love hard Rock too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I'm reading all the black vs. white opinions and it's great. I'm finally leaning towards one and that's the '15 white. Partly because of the lower mileage, partly because the MK3.5 look has started to look better to me.

* When the '15s came out I much preferred the exterior styling of the '14s but today I'd probably pay more attention to the interior. The radio controls in the '14 are dumb and the exterior styling of the '15 still looks better than any of the other cars I'd consider buying these days.
...and I agree about the interior. The '14 looks a little unnecessarily busy with all the buttons, silver accents. '15 interior looks cleaner.

Heh, heh. I love focusfsnatics. [loveff] He hasn't even bought a car yet and we're all thinking of mods to recommend.
Better believe it! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about it and I think most car people would also be thinking ahead when buying a car. I'm not the type of person to go all out on mods, but this is the first used car I'm buying in forever so I think it's ok to have a bit of fun with it.

I don't want to go all sport since it's not an RS or ST and I don't want people to think that my SE is comparable to those. I just wanted a regular Focus as a nice secondary car. But things I would change would mostly have to do with the things I don't like...

* I just have to plasti-dip (or whatever) the chrome trim around the front grill

* I hate the black rocker panel covers. I'll replace them with white - though I'm not sure atm if that's available for sedan. If I have to, I'll just have them painted white. It's ok if the finish is not fiber glass glossy, I can live with the plastic texture. I just don't want them black, they should match the rest of the body. I'm guessing that was left as a sport option or something for Ford to upcharge on.

* Add a nice normal rear spoiler. Sedan looks incomplete without one.

* Wheels - I said earlier I would get black but I honestly like (in some cases) gold as well. I quite like these KMC's in 17x8 or 18x8 (probably get 17). I think it would look good with a white car.

...At 24 lbs. that's still a lot compared to the 19 lb. 16" wheels. The later style for the '15 and later SEs are also gorgeous on the later cars but probably don't weigh any less.
The KMC's are about 24 lbs. Never thought about the weight, it's a good point. But I guess in this case for me looks>weight.

On an SE, are 17x8's a direct replacement for the stocks? I just assumed wheels meant for the ST and RS models would fit an SE.

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
Sorry, but your car isn’t worth anywhere near $15K. Don’t be confused by KBB “values.”

I’m sorry, but an ST1 isn’t worth 5-7k more than my car, it’s just not. The only thing better about the ST1 vs. a Titanium Hatchback is that the ST1 looks better, otherwise daily driving a turbo 6-spd manual isn’t the best option for city driving. You’ll be filling up w/ gas every week, you’ll be shifting a million times to drive 5 miles & also the ST1 is just a very basic car inside & has no where near the creature-comforts nor the infotainment system as my Titanium has.

I have the cleanest 2013 Titanium Hatchback in the country & would demand top dollar for my car if someone wants those black wheels. Sure, someone can find a ‘13 Titanium Hatchback at Carmax with 90k miles for 11k, but if you want a nicer car you’ll have to pay more. KBB means nothing to be when listing a car, I go onto various sites & I start ‘filtering’ vehicles, so when you narrow it down to a low mileage ‘13, one owner & no accidents, you’ll go from 100 cars down to 5 real quick. What’s sad it that there’s always many out there that don’t do their homework & will overpay for a high mileage car.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sorry, but your car isn’t worth anywhere near $15K. Don’t be confused by KBB “values.”
It's pointless he has such a hard-on for that car it's unbelievable. I have a Fiesta ST and people basically give away the factory wheels sometimes, so I know there are probably plenty of guys with a Focus ST that give those wheels away that he thinks are so fantastic.
My Wife has a 2011 Mazda 3 2.5 hatchback premium sound system. It has more power then a Ford Focus a better transmission. If I were to sell that car which I will not do, I wouldn't expect to get more than $8,000 for it. And it's low mileage, one owner, in a garage, no kids.

·
Registered
771 Posts
It's pointless he has such a hard-on for that car it's unbelievable. I have a Fiesta ST and people basically give away the factory wheels sometimes, so I know there are probably plenty of guys with a Focus ST that give those wheels away that he thinks are so fantastic.

I think you know I love how the Focus ST & Fiesta ST’s both look! Fantastic looking cars, but as daily drivers? I just don’t think it’s a better financial decision vs. a DCT Titanium if you actually sit down & write it out on paper. Had Ford been willing to offer the ST1 with an AT & Sony infotainment then I could probably get over the MPG numbers, but going going from a Titanium Hatch to an ST1 is kind of a step backwards, if you ask me? Idk, it’s just my opinion on comparing the two vehicles as daily’s. The 2016 SE Sport appearance package would be something I’d consider if I could find one with under 15k miles. That car looks like an ST w/ all the painted moldings & will still get 30+ mpg.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Here’s mine, I powder-coated the factory 18” wheels gloss Black & put OEM 235/40/18 ST tires on the car. I’d estimate it added 2k value to my car. I’d sell it right now for no less than 15k.
Divide that by 3 and you have a realistic sale value. Doesn't matter what color it is, OEM wheels don't add on any value. It's still only a compact car from a brand with horrible resale value. Shoot, my focus immediately dropped $6K the moment I drove it off the lot new; so sure as heck yours isn't worth anywhere near $15K.

Here's all the hatchbACK Focuses under 15K with less than 40k miles. Most of them are newer, under 20K miles, and under $13K.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Divide that by 3 and you have a realistic sale value. Doesn't matter what color it is, OEM wheels don't add on any value. It's still only a compact car from a brand with horrible resale value. Shoot, my focus immediately dropped $6K the moment I drove it off the lot new; so sure as heck yours isn't worth anywhere near $15K.

Here's all the hatchbACK Focuses under 15K with less than 40k miles. Most of them are newer, under 20K miles, and under $13K.

I would love to put my black wheels on this car. I’ve always wanted a Tuxedo Black Titanium Hatchback like mine. Only 26k miles, man that looks like a fantastic car.

IMG_4927.jpg

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have the cleanest 2013 Titanium Hatchback in the country & would demand top dollar for my car if someone wants those black wheels.
You can "demand" whatever you want, but a 6 year old non-ST Focus with 40K miles is not worth anywhere near $15K. These cars don't hold value well at all. If someone offers you $10K, snatch it out of their hand. The wheels don't add much, and would likely turn a few buyers away.

You aren't getting dealer retail prices for your car. I'm looking on Craigslist now, and 2012-2014 Focus' are in the $8K-$9K range with < 100K.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just paid dealer retail for my car ($9k CAD), and I know that it MIGHT be worth half that if I could find the right buyer. Dealers charge a lot more than trade-in value for used cars, because they can back them up, to at least some extent.

Since I bought my car (About 6 weeks ago) it's been in for the gas tank recall (Brand new tank) DPS6 recall (New clutches, clutch forks --Not covered by recall, but dealer covered-- transmission seals) and currently in for P0420 getting a new catalytic converter. This isn't going to cost me, but certainly would have had I purchased the car privately.

For $15k, there are many cars out there that I'd buy before a 2013 Focus, no matter how clean. My 2012 looks really good. It has the 18" handling package rims, and looks good on the outside. Inside, there's one odd little wear point at the top of the driver's side A pillar, but otherwise, the interior is near perfect. Mine had 119,600 km on it (About 74,300 miles) pretty low for a 2012 at a little over 10,000 miles/year. The Carfax indicated that it accumulated a fair number of those over the last 2.5 years, with it having had a couple of services late 2016 with about 70,000km on it. Since 20,000km/year is more or less typical around here, I presume that the owner changed from taking the bus to work to driving, as there wasn't a title change at the same time.

Anyway, as to white versus black: I dislike white cars, but despite that, I'm driving one, because it otherwise seemed like the right car. (I'm second guessing that, my current experience isn't making me like white cars any more, lol!) I also don't like the extra maintenance and cleaning that black cars need. I would probably have refused a black car. It was pretty close with the white one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think you know I love how the Focus ST & Fiesta ST’s both look! Fantastic looking cars, but as daily drivers? I just don’t think it’s a better financial decision vs. a DCT Titanium if you actually sit down & write it out on paper. Had Ford been willing to offer the ST1 with an AT & Sony infotainment then I could probably get over the MPG numbers, but going going from a Titanium Hatch to an ST1 is kind of a step backwards, if you ask me? Idk, it’s just my opinion on comparing the two vehicles as daily’s. The 2016 SE Sport appearance package would be something I’d consider if I could find one with under 15k miles. That car looks like an ST w/ all the painted moldings & will still get 30+ mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
I'm curious. Why do you keep comparing the Titanium to an ST1? Wouldn't it be better compared to an ST3?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm curious. Why do you keep comparing the Titanium to an ST1? Wouldn't it be better compared to an ST3?

I do that because those ST3 seats are not comfortable for daily driving & long trips. There will be a few guys that come on here & love the ST3 seats, but for the average person those high bolstered seats are just not comfortable on the body, especially on long drives. The ST1 seats are very comfortable & user friendly, but unfortunately Ford didn’t offer those seats with the upgraded infotainment system, oh well.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Btw, I’m thinking about placing an ad for my car in the classifieds here for 15k FIRM. It would likely sell in a week or two though, so I’d have to find another car fast. Idk

·
Registered
861 Posts
Btw, I’m thinking about placing an ad for my car in the classifieds here for 15k FIRM. It would likely sell in a week or two though, so I’d have to find another car fast. Idk
KBB has you around $9K for private party, and they're usually too high anyway, so stick a bag with $6K cash in the hatchback. Might get your price.

61 - 80 of 125 Posts