Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've written up a notepad with all of the performance mods I am going to do piece by piece. I was wondering in what order I should do them in and what gains that can be expected.

Current Mods:
JRSC at 8psi
Cat Delete

Future Mods:
FSWerks CAI
Lightweight Flywheel
Exhaust Cam gear
Port Stock TB
Port/Polish JRSC
3" Catback
Tune
Wather/Meth Injection

Thanks!

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
If you have a jrsc then a tune should be the first thing

I didnt see a 180 deg thermostat or Motorcraft SP463 plugs gapped at .045 these after a tune I would do first
Then 3 inch from header back
I wouldnt do the Alum Fly till you need a clutch , I would do the CAI at all or the exh cam gear
water meth isnt going to do enough worth the cost and trouble to install and keep it working
Go to a larger TB porting the stock one doesnt help

Tom

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I disagree, My intake temperatures have to be insanely high. I don't run it hard very often. But whne I do I would like to have lower IAT to allow for my engine to add more timing. And it's just safer and good for your engine. 380$ for a full kit.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I disagree, My intake temperatures have to be insanely high. I don't run it hard very often. But whne I do I would like to have lower IAT to allow for my engine to add more timing. And it's just safer and good for your engine. 380$ for a full kit.
Do you have an intercooler on your current setup? That would help a lot a good high flowing ic and you could even do a water Intercooler for better cooling.

Water meth is pretty cool but just seems like a waste until you get to the high hp numbers.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Can't intercool a rootes type that blows right into the intake ports...

·
Registered
283 Posts
You suggested the Powerworks charger which is also a roots charger. Comment is valid.
Is that your bf? Did I offend you? I have a turbo I was making a suggestion clearly I am not well informed in the superchargers available for the focus as again I'm Turboed sweet cheeks just trying to help out the op your useless posts however are not and bringing this off topic so why don't the two of you go get your honeymoon suit and get a life together Cuz clearly you both don't have one.

If he would have said the powerworks is a roots style as well then that would have been informative to me and helpful however he did not.

Let's drop it and move on and help out the op. Questions or comments I have a pm box.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is that your bf? Did I offend you? I have a turbo I was making a suggestion clearly I am not well informed in the superchargers available for the focus as again I'm Turboed sweet cheeks just trying to help out the op your useless posts however are not and bringing this off topic so why don't the two of you go get your honeymoon suit and get a life together Cuz clearly you both don't have one.

If he would have said the powerworks is a roots style as well then that would have been informative to me and helpful however he did not.

Let's drop it and move on and help out the op. Questions or comments I have a pm box.
I picked up his slack and notified you that the PowerWorks is a roots charger and thus, cannot be intercooled. Reading into his comment on your part would have yielded the logical conclusion that the Powerworks is a roots charger.

Good god. Scumbag Dudley.

Writes paragraph long, inflammatory, ad hominem ridden comment.
Tells you to drop it.

Congrats, you have a turbo. Cool beans, am I supposed to fawn over it? A 5 second google search would have told you everything you needed to know about the roots charger for the focus.

Chill out broseph.

OP do you know what kind of temps you are getting? Ive heard of people removing the plastic baffle thing at the bottom of the windshield to let some heat out. Are hood scoops an option?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don;t have a device to log such data. Water meth seems like the best option for me. Hood scoops seem a bit ricish to me

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don;t have a device to log such data. Water meth seems like the best option for me. Hood scoops seem a bit ricish to me
Yeah, I suppose they do a bit. How much does water meth cost? Im not familiar with it. From what ive been readin its expensive. Are you noticeably losing performance?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I don't really know if I am losing performance or not! Water meth is about 380$ I can only see gains from it. And I am also going to put a smaller pulley on there and get her tuned!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Lmao. Your fun. Pm me let's continue haha reccomend a hood scoop sums you up lol....

Anyway you gotta think about the refill of the watermeth each time as well it's not just a one time purchase. And also how quickly you will use it...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm all for it sounds cool to me and I have couple buddies that use watermeth for their stis and evos but they are also pushing about 800whp but go for it sounds like fun and they all say it's very worth while btw...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts